• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Did anyone notice this?

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
If a monster is carrying a rare loot, will it attack harder?

I've just noticed this today, my 102 ek friend was blocking dragons for me because I'm still 25. We killed over 50 dragons and never looted a rare item, Only 1x serpent sword and 1x Dragon Hammer. Suddenly I died even tho he was blocking the dragon for me, I didn't know if it was a hard hit or a combo then my 102 ek friend messaged me and copied the loot message of the dragon that killed me, it was a dragon shield.

In that situation, was it luck or its a cipsoft system?

PS: It was my first death after killing over 50 dragons.

It was luck. I tested this theory a ton when I was playing. It didn't make sense, some dragons wouldn't do any damage at all and drop rares and others attacked and combo'd hard.

Red

The monster loot is decided when the creature spawns, not depending on what it deals out in damage, my guess it was a coincidence.

The monster loot is decided when the creature spawns, not depending on what it deals out in damage, my guess it was a coincidence.

I've heard that the loot is decided when it spawns as well. But I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. They must have a function to alter the loot when it's killed. How else would they be able to destroy loot when your stamina is too low? I'm just saying, it's not impossible, but I've heard it's decided when the creature spawns as well. But not impossible that something has changed.

Red

I've also heard from some place long ago that loot is determined how effectively you kill something and how fast you kill something (I highly doubt this is the case though).

I've heard that the loot is decided when it spawns as well. But I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. They must have a function to alter the loot when it's killed. How else would they be able to destroy loot when your stamina is too low? I'm just saying, it's not impossible, but I've heard it's decided when the creature spawns as well. But not impossible that something has changed.

Red

Well maybe loot is determined when it dies rather than spawns. And the last hit controls the chance? Therefore if low stamina comes into play they receive nada

Monsters loot is created on spawn.

in ots yes. BUT how do you know cipsoft didn't change it to when they die? ;d Or any other way for that matter.

Not like they would tell people there is a correlation to the monsters behavior to it's loot ;d nevermind tell us if they changed a code

in ots yes. BUT how do you know cipsoft didn't change it to when they die? ;d Or any other way for that matter.

Not like they would tell people there is a correlation to the monsters behavior to it's loot ;d nevermind tell us if they changed a code

Wow. In OTS it is created when the monster dies. :)

Back
Top Bottom