• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Downgrade TFS

Dyabl0

Dyablo
Solutions
Reaction score
I want to downgrade TFS 1.2 (8.6) to 8.0, but I'm not good at this stuff, so I was wondering which files of sources are the ones to set up the protocol first (changing 8.60 to 8.0, so clients can login to it) ?

By downgrading the protocol from 8.6 to 8.0, what more steps to follow for get more stable and adequate server for being downgraded?

EDIT: I have now changed the protocol in definitions.h:
Code:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 800
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 800
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STR "8.00"

Also in protocollogin.cpp:
Code:
    if (version <= 800) {
        disconnectClient("Only clients with protocol " CLIENT_VERSION_STR " allowed!");
        return;
    }

Also in items.cpp:
Code:
    } else if (Items::dwMinorVersion < CLIENT_VERSION_800) {
        std::cout << "A newer version of items.otb is required." << std::endl;
        return ERROR_INVALID_FORMAT;
    }

Now it says to login with 8.00, but when I open this client version, it keeps saying the same, what's wrong?

Last edited:
change

if (version <= 800)
to
if (version < 800)

and you find if (version >= 800) change to if (version > 800)

Thanks for replying. I forgot to write that it was solved by simply using =! or something similar, but as StreamSide said, there are a lot of more functions to be done in order to make it work, so changing the protocol didn't work, it was still 8.60 somehow, but then I just quit.

Thanks for replying both of you, thread can be closed.

You need to remove functions on the Distro that will send packets, that cannot be read, to the client, this will cause debug. A good way to understand what is being sent and received, is to try to login using otclient and opening the terminal.

Back
Top Bottom