• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows FATAL: OTBM Loader - Failed to create item.

MeNi

*^#%$%
Reaction score
When i start my server on WinXP, it says:

Code:
[23:51:25.328] >> Loading monsters
[23:51:26.156] >> Loading map and spawns...
[23:51:26.484] > Map size: 1000x1000.
[23:51:26.484] > Map descriptions:
[23:51:26.484] "Saved with Remere's Map Editor 1.1.8"
[23:51:26.484] "The Forgotten Server"
[23:51:27.109] > FATAL: OTBM Loader - [x:215, y:396, z:8] Failed to create item.

I am using TFS 0.4 r3744, i changed nothing in it, just downloaded, compiled and ran. The map it is trying to open it is orginal map which comes with TFS, but this error also appears on other maps, too. On 0.3.6 evrything works fine, but on 0.4 is fucking up...

What exactly this error means? It is fault of TFS source code, map file, or maybe items.otb ot smth diffrent?

It is not a solution. I would sit all day removing those titles, in evry map i want run in tfs 0.4... If on 0.3.6 it works fine, it means that this is error in TFS 0.4, not in map, so TFS 0.4 should be fixed, not map. And btw, on one map i deleted all titles, was sitting one hour on it, and after all there wasn't this error, but map didn't loaden anyway. TFS just freezed, it said "loading map", but it didn't loaded anything...

It is not a solution. I would sit all day removing those titles, in evry map i want run in tfs 0.4... If on 0.3.6 it works fine, it means that this is error in TFS 0.4, not in map, so TFS 0.4 should be fixed, not map. And btw, on one map i deleted all titles, was sitting one hour on it, and after all there wasn't this error, but map didn't loaden anyway. TFS just freezed, it said "loading map", but it didn't loaded anything...

It's Zao, right? It's something with updating your items.otb or soooooommeeethiiing millions of people had this problem xD

Ha, thats the problem is, that it isn't zao, those tiles most ofen are water or tar and on it fragment of mountain, cave border, or stones... i dont know if it always are such combinations, but on my map there wasn't any other if i remember good

EDIT

On rev 3702 it works good. So this error was 'added' in later rev.

Last edited:
Simple..
Probrably u use Remeres...
Go to the item in the position
Right Click, Propeties, and , look the ID..
Now, search in remeres map editor, option FIND ITEM
And put the ID, and delete ALL ITEMS with this id !

Oh, restore u map from the Original distribution version.. :) !

Conclusion: U will have all items that appear this message, The end !

When i start my server on WinXP, it says:

Code:
[23:51:25.328] >> Loading monsters
[23:51:26.156] >> Loading map and spawns...
[23:51:26.484] > Map size: 1000x1000.
[23:51:26.484] > Map descriptions:
[23:51:26.484] "Saved with Remere's Map Editor 1.1.8"
[23:51:26.484] "The Forgotten Server"
[23:51:27.109] > FATAL: OTBM Loader - [x:215, y:396, z:8] Failed to create item.

I am using TFS 0.4 r3744, i changed nothing in it, just downloaded, compiled and ran. The map it is trying to open it is orginal map which comes with TFS, but this error also appears on other maps, too. On 0.3.6 evrything works fine, but on 0.4 is fucking up...

What exactly this error means? It is fault of TFS source code, map file, or maybe items.otb ot smth diffrent?

make a back up of you map at least once a day. thats the best solution. and like u said once u get the error it never goes away. iv had it happen to me too.

It's Zao, right? It's something with updating your items.otb or soooooommeeethiiing millions of people had this problem xD

When I was a donator I tryd the CipSoft project on 0.4_dev and it gave bugs in like stuffs -5 under thais x. and all stuffs of placses not only zao.

Back