• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

First Go At Mapping

Scott

Reaction score
Hi guys, This is my first go at mapping and i would just like to show you my first attempt. I would love it if you could tell me how to improve for future ones.

Its basicly just a custom castle.

2876-custom-castle-first-try.png

Also i was wondering if you could tell me the quickest way to upload a photo from the Map Editor.
( I did mine by print screen, then paste into paint etc..)
Sorry if its a really stupid question but im new to this :)

Thanks, Scott :p

yyyyeaaahh..

Could you take a second look at your own work and explain to me what it really is?

Does it really matter?
Why does everyone take things so serious?
Like i said im new to mapping and was just messing about.
Its like the first floor of a big house and then different sections for different styles.

I aint claiming to be some awsome mapper, im just having a bit of fun

And I'm asking a question which you didn't answer, since I have no idea what's going on in that screenshot.

Its not an april fools joke :p

Inow i aint very good but we all got to start somewere aint we :p

To be honest it was just a bit of a mess around trying different things out and see what they turned out like

Ill get some more practice and post some more ss :p

Come on people, it obviously wasnt ment to be used in a server. It's probably just a test map that combine vairious elements of the multitude of tibian enviorments. We have all made stuff that we never intended to use but we did in order to test possibilities (Or atleast I hope you have, otherwise your a very limmited mapper and thus you have no say in the matter).

I like that you tryed something different, it's almost like a colaj of mapping styles. While no its not something i would consider useing in a server it does have its own redeming values as a test and all around fun place to make.

Edit: Irony... after taking a long hard look at it, i developed 3 solid ideas for my own map. This is why i encorage people to try vairious odd ball things because after all, they dont have to work but theres a strong possibility that they could give you an awsome idea as it did with me.

Back