• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Dyablo 8.0 RLMap | Off Training | Reward Chest | 4 Voc Share| 4k Cinematic Trailer | 1 DEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, 39 accounts created so far.. you need to do some better marketing to get the population up or else the server will be semi-dead rather quick "population wise".

I have to say your video made me wanna play your server, very well made

We're not focusing on amount of players online, you are free to join us tomorrow - it's your decision. We did our best to spread this release, but unfortunately, most of you depend on how many players registered upon launch. If our target was to obtain numerous online players on server start, we would have paid to random live streamers, countdown on Otservlist and such. Furthermore, if us - Open Tibia server owners had to depend on how many players login upon server release, this could never work.

Now let me ask you to think how many servers out there started with numerous players online and which position they are in, and those which started from the bottom which position they ended with.

Game Client is now available at website: Downloads | Dyablo

May have to try this out, seems interesting....
Seems a bit higher rate then what I usually play, but i'll give it a shot.
Sorc/pally serv? Or somewhat equal vocs?

All four vocations are pretty much balanced, since we've tested them from point to point.

We're not focusing on amount of players online, you are free to join us tomorrow - it's your decision. We did our best to spread this release, but unfortunately, most of you depend on how many players registered upon launch. If our target was to obtain numerous online players on server start, we would have paid to random live streamers, countdown on Otservlist and such. Furthermore, if us - Open Tibia server owners had to depend on how many players login upon server release, this could never work.

Now let me ask you to think how many servers out there started with numerous players online and which position they are in, and those which started from the bottom which position they ended with.

Game Client is now available at website: Downloads | Dyablo

All four vocations are pretty much balanced, since we've tested them from point to point.

First, most of the "big servers" today have done their fair share of marketing to get to where they at, thinking otherwise is just ignorant thinking.

And what you're saying.. it's kinda contradicting to the end goal isnt it?

We're not chosing this server because of the amount of players joining or not, but why struggle from the get go? playing on a server with 5 active players will make the server just feel lackluster and people will be discouraged from joining.

Tibia was such a great game, mostly because of the community and interaction with other people and not so much what the game featured otherwise, that was just a bonus.

I'm guessing your goal is to have a big and active community?

Marketing is key.

As i said to friend of mine - Where would you rather choose to go eat dinner?

The place where the sign is bright, maybe there's someone standing at the entrence ready to show you to your table, it's glowing from inside and the place really sticks out and you see alot of people sitting in there?

Or the place where it's dull lightning, maybe 1-2 people sitting in there and nothing else really going for them?

So yes!
Hiring a streamer to play on launch to get a few extra players in, to buy countdown on Otservlist etc. To make the server get going from the begining and not just hoping for the best.

You owe it to yourself for putting this much effort into the server, aswell as the players that are looking forward to it.

But then again - It's your server, your choice.

See you tomorrow.

Multi Client allowed?

Anti bot client?

Maybe today there are mo registrations, stay positive :p

If server is well-made and gms arent corrupted idiots server should defend himself and bring people to play... too bad since around 2 years we got only bad servers and money-greedy staff servers with good marketing

Anyway i'll be at start and try it with few friends

If server is well-made and gms arent corrupted idiots server should defend himself and bring people to play... too bad since around 2 years we got only bad servers and money-greedy staff servers with good marketing

Anyway i'll be at start and try it with few friends

Y.. and that's what i mean aswell - quoting what the Admin said - "Now let me ask you to think how many servers out there started with numerous players online and which position they are in, and those which started from the bottom which position they ended with."

Why all servers close "almost" are because of management, they greed for money and once server starts to drop in pop they just reset and throw up new ads for their "new" server.

BUT this is still the way to go "marketing wise", change the management and keep the marketing and you got yourself a long lasting, big community server.

See you in 5 hours ~ Adposatnr.

Y.. and that's what i mean aswell - quoting what the Admin said - "Now let me ask you to think how many servers out there started with numerous players online and which position they are in, and those which started from the bottom which position they ended with."

Why all servers close "almost" are because of management, they greed for money and once server starts to drop in pop they just reset and throw up new ads for their "new" server.

BUT this is still the way to go "marketing wise", change the management and keep the marketing and you got yourself a long lasting, big community server.

See you in 5 hours ~ Adposatnr.

Don't give it a huge matter man, I think we all understood his point as we did understand yours! See you in 3 hours.

Don't give it a huge matter man, I think we all understood his point as we did understand yours! See you in 3 hours.

Well.. why shouldnt i give it "a huge matter"?

Since i'm planning to invest my time and some money into this server i want it to be the best there can be! Right now it looks like "from what they wrote" that they do not care about player population as much as they should since players make the server. Since they neglected the "promoting part" there won't be more than 10-30 active players in like 1 month most likely.

But yeah.. Right now i'm trying to contact streamers myself and pay them from my own pocket to actually get some traffic to the server which isnt even mine because i want it to succeed.. we'll see how it goes..

See you in 1hour 45min

Well it says mc is not allow for killing people, making money on events...... does it mean we can still mc to make runes?
I think you can tbh, not sure tho so don't trust my words!

If you can, they should limit the MC so you dont have 200 accounts logged in standing AFK and making runes lel xD

Well it says mc is not allow for killing people, making money on events...... does it mean we can still mc to make runes?

I dont think you'll be needing a lot of rune makers since the loot is 3X. This will probably make you gain a fair amount of money to cover up your runes~

Most bugged ots in 2017 life fluid heal me for 60hp uh for 100hp... im 50 ek 6mlv not talking about map npcs and such also i can heal and attack at once its 8.0? i dont think so

I agree this ots has a lot of other bugs, but actually life fluid should heal for 60hp.
Source: Lifefluid
I know but i wanted to mention this to show that ek got no other healing source on this server than uh 100hp life fluid 60hp or exana mort 80hp seems like gm here got no idea if he want 8.0 server or mix 8.6 with 8.0 or he never played on 8.0

Its like pre-alpha server not real launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back