• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gambity Gallery

Gambity

Pixel
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name and Gambit, I'm starting to make pixel art and hopefully be good someday :)
UfrHZqc.png
CKRduqO.png
e95BYc6.png
lid7w70.png
pN6S34x.png

~Updates~

Krkt6jA.png
jNweyiQ.png
OGXvO86.png

Last edited:
sKeIy9t49.png
This shall help you, analyse it.
I DO NOT OWN THE PICTURE, ALL RIGHTS TO IT BELONG TO ANEVIS. I'VE ONLY TRANSLATED IT.

Use more contrast. Brighter for broghter areas and darker foe darker parts. Then pick midtones to blend it in.

Yes but you're slowly getting there :D, keep it up and try making the dark side a bit darker

If you wanna keep on improving textures you shouldnt smooth the objects out this much. Add more diversity in the colors. You want to pick ranges that arent so close to eachother. If you use the grey scale for example ypud want to put darker colors near brighter(and try to make it look good).

@Gambity
DLXZcft.png
I needed this picture to point out some stuff. Its a very poor edit of your sprite, so sorry if its an insult.
  • First of all if you look at my version I use to color ranges from dark to bright. where you use the brighter ranges, its not necassarily bad but in armors its needed.
  • The second thing I noticed zooming in is that you seem to use some kind of tool for your sprite? like a brush or smth?
  • Try adding more details like in my example. (Please don't copy, rather make your own)
Further more, just keep practicing and be welcome to PM me if you need any help.

I'm trying to follow the most of the examples
pqZZ5xC.png
but soon I'll be good :)

Back