• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Gesior AAC] md5/plain password problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diazapam

!ROFLMAO!
Reaction score
Somehow since a few hours i've changed something that I shouldn't have (I really can't remember what).

The passwords are being saved plain now instead of md5, in the server configs its still on md5 and I don't really know where to search now.

Anyone that has an idea?

@site:
Logging in with a plain pass works, md5 pass won't.
Creating an account leaves a plain password instead of an md5 encrypted password.

@game:
Logging in with the acc with md5 encrypted password works, using the plain password saved won't.

Anyone has a clue where to find it? already searched to the files for plain but I couldn't really find it.

I'm using the newest gesior.

Solved thanks to Stain, Click here for the solution.

Last edited:
1. You shouldn't use md5 it sucks. Use sha1 or sha256/sha512 or vahash (if using 0.4).
2. You can edit config-and-function.php to force the use of a hash algertim.

Ok, found the solution.

Thanks alot anyway stain.

The problem was:
My login server (check my other threads for info) had:
Code:
	passwordType = "md5"
Instead of:
Code:
	encryptionType ="md5"

I've recently changed the server path to my login server instead of the normal servers, Didn't check if login still worked after it.

Thanks to stain i've checked config-and-functions.php and found that he was looking for encryptionType instead of passwordType.

Closed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back