• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hackers

Creon

Reaction score
Ive seen a lot of people recently getting their accounts hacked (this includes myself). Just a suggestion to everyone, change your password often and make sure you have your recovery key saved.

The reason for this thread, though, is to ask the staff if they could beef up account protection. I was just thinking to myself, what if you added a feature that detects the ip of a character. Those characters who see the consistent ip are obviously playing their own character; but if a new ip tries to access the account, it should send an email to your email address requesting for permission to access the account. I think this is a reasonable solution to the hacking problem.

Leave feedback on what you think of this!

ive seen a lot of people recently getting their accounts hacked (this includes myself). Just a suggestion to everyone, change your password often and make sure you have your recovery key saved.

The reason for this thread, though, is to ask the staff if they could beef up account protection. I was just thinking to myself, what if you added a feature that detects the ip of a character. Those characters who see the consistent ip are obviously playing their own character; but if a new ip tries to access the account, it should send an email to your email address requesting for permission to access the account. I think this is a reasonable solution to the hacking problem.

Leave feedback on what you think of this!

signed!

I don't know how the ppl can get hacked, Maybe they use a shitty pass lol?
I've seen passwords like 111111 / 222222

I don't know how the ppl can get hacked, Maybe they use a shitty pass lol?
I've seen passwords like 111111 / 222222

Believe me, there are some people who spend hours upon hours trying to get passwords.

or there are people like myself who have databases from BIG OT's and people use same info on different servers. I haven't tried any on this server but I'm sure loads would work.

People need to learn to work for stuff, not take it from others who work hard for what they have.

Never. NEVER. Use the same accountname and password as on other servers. That is the best protection.

Back