• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

The fortress should be pretty good mapped and i kinda suck at mapping so will either give a pro mapper the job or spend much time on making it myself.

Anyway so after your describtion the fortress is recomended to be north, I dont mind that. But can you give me some ideas and perhaps concept samples or shall I just make something similar to etc Original tibia orc fortress~but with evil humans (guardians of Grand Duke Random'name'of'a'douchbag) and have the douchbag dude as a boss? :p Make sure he etc only spawns when the town is ruins version

IMO The Grand Duke <insertnamehere> should be a boss that should only spawn when the players are in the 'past'.

The fortress could basically be a large castle type structure similar to either Edron's Castle, with the boss at the top, or as you mentioned, Orc Fort. Edron's Castle would be small and quick to get through in comparison to Orc Fort which would take a while to go through... Well now that I think of it.. Orc Fort could work much better since it's large and there are possibilities for many things.

You could place levers which players must pull in order to get access to the boss who would be hiding somewhere because he's too much of a puss to stand at the entrance.

Anyways the Orc Fortress layout would be a good idea to use because not only would it suite your mapping style, but also the sheer size of it will give players the opportunity to play in a diverse fortress to encounter different creatures as well as unlock the mysteries of reaching the boss.

Last edited:
The fortress should be pretty good mapped and i kinda suck at mapping so will either give a pro mapper the job or spend much time on making it myself.

Anyway so after your describtion the fortress is recomended to be north, I dont mind that. But can you give me some ideas and perhaps concept samples or shall I just make something similar to etc Original tibia orc fortress~but with evil humans (guardians of Grand Duke Random'name'of'a'douchbag) and have the douchbag dude as a boss? :p Make sure he etc only spawns when the town is ruins version

My advice about mapping is... that you finish it how ever it may look like, then send it to a pro mapper and have him detail and edit the map accordingly. at least you finishing the map will reduce the time the other mapper has to spend making it.

Good luck with this, love the ideas and plots for it.

IMO The Grand Duke <insertnamehere> should be a boss that should only spawn when the players are in the 'past'.

The fortress could basically be a large castle type structure similar to either Edron's Castle, with the boss at the top, or as you mentioned, Orc Fort. Edron's Castle would be small and quick to get through in comparison to Orc Fort which would take a while to go through... Well now that I think of it.. Orc Fort could work much better since it's large and there are possibilities for many things.

You could place levers which players must pull in order to get access to the boss who would be hiding somewhere because he's too much of a puss to stand at the entrance.

Anyways the Orc Fortress layout would be a good idea to use because not only would it suite your mapping style, but also the sheer size of it will give players the opportunity to play in a diverse fortress to encounter different creatures as well as unlock the mysteries of reaching the boss.

Find out which order the levers are placed by talking to a NPC or cluing it out based on a riddle in a scroll/book etc.

I like the project Znote. Any thoughts on Tiered Vocations?

I.e. Warrior can take a quest line to become a Gladiator(or whatever). Or s/he can choose a differnt quest line to be come a Knight(Or whatever). It adds depth and slight customization to the OT.

should put bosses that drop rare items somewhere on the map with a rare spawn time

Alright, thanks. :)

My advice about mapping is... that you finish it how ever it may look like, then send it to a pro mapper and have him detail and edit the map accordingly. at least you finishing the map will reduce the time the other mapper has to spend making it.

Good luck with this, love the ideas and plots for it.

Yeah I will map it, but it wont be any better mapped than the town I made. And I will send it to a better mapper and let him do some finishing touch to it. :)

Find out which order the levers are placed by talking to a NPC or cluing it out based on a riddle in a scroll/book etc.

I like the project Znote. Any thoughts on Tiered Vocations?

I.e. Warrior can take a quest line to become a Gladiator(or whatever). Or s/he can choose a differnt quest line to be come a Knight(Or whatever). It adds depth and slight customization to the OT.

Yeah thats what I plan to. (the quest).

However I dont think I will think about chaining vocations. For now just have Warrior, Archer and Mage. Because instead of having like 9 half done vocations I would rather have 3 vocations. Its easier to balance and test out 3 vocations than 9. I will be able to prior my time better on a smaller concept. However I will not deny that there will be promotions to other vocations in the future. But right now the map is 2MB. And contains like 10 quests. I intend to extend the map to 3 towns, 5 small villages, lots of hunting grounds to the representing town, and ofcourse, a shitload of cool quests and events.

Edit:
18:25 You ate food, your new hunger value is 78/100.

Just fixed so you actually get fed up when eating food. Lol. I fixed the system but didn't modify the food to make you not starve to death.

Last edited:
hey man i have a great idea for a quest.. in my ot, my scripter couldn't did it..
i have the map, but if you do the script, we'll can share it :D

you think if I send a private message and talk?
~searching for a scripter plz

hey man i have a great idea for a quest.. in my ot, my scripter couldn't did it..
i have the map, but if you do the script, we'll can share it :D

you think if I send a private message and talk?
~searching for a scripter plz

Explain it in details to me here, I might create it. :) My PM box is full.

Just had fun, now completely fixed the starving system. It is flawless. :)
niUgyziMZu.png

Also working on a "magical backpack".

Magical backpack is a powerful magic which can be learned by mages or archers who got very high merchant reputation.

Mages will be able to have a 2/4 slot magical backpack(high = 2, very high = 4), while archers will be able to have a 1/2 slot magical backpack. (high = 1, very high = 2)

You can use your magic to "seal items within your body". Reducing its cap usage to 0. Also it is 100% safe until you use your magic to retrieve it back.
So if you have a very important item you have to deliver to a special person, you can zeal the item within you until you reach him. So even if you die during your road you will not loose the item.

Preview:

!backpack

01:12 Magic slot 1 contains fish.
01:12 Magic slot 2 contains stone.
01:12 Magic slot 3 contains nothing.
01:12 Magic slot 4 contains magic longsword.

!deposit blood herb

01:13 Attempting to insert blood herb to magic slot 3.

!withdraw stone

Attempting to retrieve stone from magic slot 2.

!backpack

01:14 Magic slot 1 contains fish.
01:14 Magic slot 2 contains nothing.
01:14 Magic slot 3 contains blood herb.
01:14 Magic slot 4 contains magic longsword.

!withdraw crystal coin

01:15 Could not find such an item in your magical backpack!

!deposit crystal coin

01:16 Attempting to insert crystal coin to magic slot 2.

!deposit fire axe

01:16 Your magical backpack is full!

!backpack

01:17 Magic slot 1 contains fish.
01:17 Magic slot 2 contains crystal coin.
01:17 Magic slot 3 contains blood herb.
01:17 Magic slot 4 contains magic longsword.

!withdraw blooooooood herb

01:17 Item with such name does not exists. [Working sample: !withdraw fish]

Last edited:

~edited ~

Try following the same feedback form as kessykins does.

Edit: The magical backpack is now completely finished and perfect. :)
iE7xsK95i8.png

Edit2:
Creating the spell "magic light".

Works similar like "utevo lux", however:
- if you have evil reputation you will get red light.
- if you have very good reputation you will get yellow light.
- If you have neither good or bad reputation, you will get blue light.

- If you have high evil and high good reputation you will get orange light.

Edit3: Done. Here are the final results :D
Neither good or evil reputation:
GOvEWSHvA3.png

Evil Reputation:
1HudM1zvlZ.png

Good Reputation:
l5QUz4uah.png

Good AND Evil Reputation:
tp0NV5kcw0.png

Need suggestions for other spells which shall be affected by reputation!

Last edited:
How about.....

Make some npcs say different things to players if they are using a specific outfits or wearing certain gear.

IE:
An orc NPC will only say things related to a mission to players who are wearing a studded helmet.
or
A sacred tree NPC will speak to only those who are wearing the druid outfit.

How about.....

Make some npcs say different things to players if they are using a specific outfits or wearing certain gear.

IE:
An orc NPC will only say things related to a mission to players who are wearing a studded helmet.
or

That's a great idea.
To expand ur idea you can use utevo res ina " :p
example: to talk to an orc you need to look like an orc, utevo res ina "orc

Players could be sent to speak with the special npcs wearing a disguise which is provided by another mission NPC. Call it a halloween costume that disappears when in combat or when the mission is complete.

The possibilities of doing this could be limitless and only the best explorer/ detective would succeed =0

Players could be sent to speak with the special npcs wearing a disguise which is provided by another mission NPC. Call it a halloween costume that disappears when in combat or when the mission is complete.

The possibilities of doing this could be limitless and only the best explorer/ detective would succeed =0

Damn! I love your ideas :)

Lol another idea could be..

A player does a quest chain and is rewarded with an arena pet. Now don't get me wrong this does sound a little like pokemon; however the player may only use the pet when in a specific arena spot.

Player x goes to an arena, stands in a single person locker room and uses his/her pet. The players original/regular char remains in the locker room<similar to an xlogged player> while the player gains control of his/her pet which is now in the arena. This pet may battle other pets and become a secondary character which has the ability to cast minor spells.

Players may obtain skills and abilities for their pets through unlocking quests and obtaining rare drops from special spawns.

Maybeeeee there could be an arena for both player and pet for pvp battles?

-

Race blending idea

Ok so a player is exploring a dark underwater dungeon and he comes across a Quara NPC. This NPC is asking him if he has ever heard about Quarumans. The player says no and the NPC explains that Quarumans are a breed between humans and quaras. The only way to become a quaruman is to sacrifice ones body and be reborn into the quara society.

<if player accepts to become a quaruman he/she will undergo a ritual where his/her level is reset to level 8 but will hang onto their skills, magic level and spells.

They not only have the ability to both walk swiftly and breath under water, but also have a higher than regular resistance to ice damage. Oh they also have full access to a quara city which only quaruman's have access to. Here they are able to learn new spells, abilities and do special quests which other races are not able to obtain.

Maybe you could find a scripter that could add some fish like features to an existing outfit.

Players would look like:
You see Roger Rabbit. He is a quaruman knight.
after promo
You see Roger Rabbit. He is an elite quaruman knight.

Other race ideas:
Human elf< of course>
Human dwarf <cmon its typical rpg>
Undead Human <ah shit this sounds alot like WoW..sigh>
Minotuman <human mino>
Human Troll <IF this was wow.. that wouldn't work.. thsi idea is going downhill.>

What do you thinkkkk?

Last edited:
Didnt post yesterday because I was busy, surprised how popular the thread got! :D <3

How about.....

IE:
or

Already planned to do that. :) Was going to be one of the special experiences you face when playing without being spoiled already on this forum haha. :p
There will be etc Orc NPCs who only speaks to other people with "orc" outfit in the orc language.

That's a great idea.
To expand ur idea you can use utevo res ina " :p
example: to talk to an orc you need to look like an orc, utevo res ina "orc

Yep, gonna see if I can fetch outfit id after utevo res. :)
Also planning to re-create utevo res. So you have to gradually "learn" to copy clothes and monster looktypes. I have said pretty much about Merchant Reputation, but this goes more into the "Adventure Reputation". But ofcourse there will be several open missions.
What about EK & RPs? =(
Our version of "utevo res" can be done to a certain point even by warriors and archers.

yep.

Lol another idea could be..

A player does a quest chain and is rewarded with an arena pet. Now don't get me wrong this does sound a little like pokemon; however the player may only use the pet when in a specific arena spot.

Player x goes to an arena, stands in a single person locker room and uses his/her pet. The players original/regular char remains in the locker room<similar to an xlogged player> while the player gains control of his/her pet which is now in the arena. This pet may battle other pets and become a secondary character which has the ability to cast minor spells.

Players may obtain skills and abilities for their pets through unlocking quests and obtaining rare drops from special spawns.

Maybeeeee there could be an arena for both player and pet for pvp battles?
This is to complicated for me to script. D: So I wont be doing this afraid. But nice idea. :)

I will however create pvp arenas. And attempt to create king of the hill system.

Race blending idea

Ok so a player is exploring a dark underwater dungeon and he comes across a Quara NPC. This NPC is asking him if he has ever heard about Quarumans. The player says no and the NPC explains that Quarumans are a breed between humans and quaras. The only way to become a quaruman is to sacrifice ones body and be reborn into the quara society.

<if player accepts to become a quaruman he/she will undergo a ritual where his/her level is reset to level 8 but will hang onto their skills, magic level and spells.

They not only have the ability to both walk swiftly and breath under water, but also have a higher than regular resistance to ice damage. Oh they also have full access to a quara city which only quaruman's have access to. Here they are able to learn new spells, abilities and do special quests which other races are not able to obtain.

Maybe you could find a scripter that could add some fish like features to an existing outfit.

Other race ideas:
Human elf< of course>
Human dwarf <cmon its typical rpg>
Undead Human <ah shit this sounds alot like WoW..sigh>
Minotuman <human mino>
Human Troll <IF this was wow.. that wouldn't work.. thsi idea is going downhill.>

What do you thinkkkk?

Great idea! However this wont be added until map gets more complete. And I dont think I will make a quara town as one of the main 3 towns. So will take a long time before I add this. But I definitely like it!

Last edited:
If everything goes after plan ETA for testing this project will be within 0.5 - 1 year. :p Will take a while since I dont got much spare time, and I will spent ALOT of time on quest ots making awesome NPCs. And since this atm is a 1-man project and im busy with school I wont have the biggest progress. But I have been working on this project for some time, and I am getting far from tired of it. :)

Edit: Been working a bit more on Karma Village:
karma1.PNG

karma2.PNG

karma3.PNG

karma4.PNG

karma5.PNG

karma6.PNG

Pearl NPC draft 1 is done, will be more complicated, just added basic functions.

01:24 Helena: Hello there, looking forward to buy some pearls?
01:24 Znote [1]: pearl
01:24 Helena: Thats right, I got quality pearls obtained from the popular Dormgolia beach! Feel free to buy some!
01:24 Znote [1]: dormgolia
01:24 Helena: Dormgolia is most known for their great minerals, however they also have a nice beach with lots of pearls!
01:24 Znote [1]: minerals
01:24 Helena: Dormgolia is a town in the mountains created by a meteor rain, or something. It is a nice resource to minerals, and they use minerals as their currency.
01:25 Znote [1]: buy
01:25 Helena: Do you want to buy one pearl for 500 gold coins, or five pearls for 2500 gold coins, or ten pearls for 5000 gold coins?
01:25 Znote [1]: five
01:25 Helena: Thank you! 5 pearls for you!
01:25 Znote [1]: bye
01:25 Helena: Farewell! Good luck to you!

Need help finding names of some NPCs!
Wood selling NPC
Liquid beverage selling and buying NPC
Another fish selling and buying NPC
Nature selling NPC (flowers, brances, bucket)
Wolf skin buying and selling NPC

Last edited:
Back