• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowy dwarfs? That idea was cool. The entrence is looks good, such as the detailing part.

Thanks, the idea creds go to Komic tho :]

awesome dennis

Thanks doggie :D

Its a good ideia with that entrence, great map

Your entrences rox totally! The snow on the bushes is also funny to see (and it fits ofcause). Even the character Hesten does fit :p.

Hahaha, would be sad if I didint fit in the picture xD thanks~ :d

nice entrence

Thanks

It looks good, I had a similar idea although mine was for a Dwarf+Viking city with spawns around it :p
Well done, I don't think it's too messy at all.

Ah yeah, I was gonna put dwarfs outside too but I tought, dwarfs are miners, they prefer to remain in their mountains! ^^

Dennis :O I like, yes?

Haha thanks blez! Time for you to put something up now! :]

-----------

Allright, I started on the dwarf snow mine~ this is one of the entrences, I dont know I think I made it a little bit to messy xD

10wtso2.png

Constructive critiscism requiered! xD

I've started on the first floors in the mines, I'll prolly post some pics later tonight, I'll be busy today :p

Allright, finished the first floor in 1 of 3 mines, here it is~

fxwj90.png

fnwe9l.png

14bnha0.png

fn8bx1.png

25ai7hc.png

2drs8kw.png

I'll post moar on the lower floors once Im done :]

Dennis it is very nice, not so detailed but it is very nice :)

älska<3

Allright, finished the first floor in 1 of 3 mines, here it is~

fxwj90.png

fnwe9l.png

14bnha0.png

fn8bx1.png

25ai7hc.png

2drs8kw.png

I'll post moar on the lower floors once Im done :]

I like them.. except the blue crystals and the Geysir ... geysir in a cave looks fail, also I think the ingame glow from the crystals will not be well suited for a dwarven mine, even if it's snow dwarves :p

Why wouldn't dwarves be suited in a snowy landscape? Also.. the cave would look even worse with any other creature, beacuse it's built up with railings, and supportive wood pillars. It's been made by the hands and tools of the crafty Dwarf clan: Frozen brothers. ;-)

The only reason dwarves wouldn't mine in a snowy area would be that the ground is too hard due to it freezing. However, you could just say that dwarves are excellent craftsmen and their tools can still break the stone whether it's frozen or not. Also, isn't the dwarf place on WoW snowy?

The only reason dwarves wouldn't mine in a snowy area would be that the ground is too hard due to it freezing. However, you could just say that dwarves are excellent craftsmen and their tools can still break the stone whether it's frozen or not. Also, isn't the dwarf place on WoW snowy?

He has used stone cave wall borders, so the temperature wouldn't have too much of an affect. Maybe it would help even, by heating the walls with fire it would produce cracks?

Looks pretty nice :) I really like the last picture

The fire ´basin´ doesn´t fit and I also do not like the water barrels :(. However the other pics are great.

Hehe allright, thanks - I was thinking they are craftmen, so thats how they do it, and they need water to cool the weapons/tools they make :]

Did you just made me get an eye orgasm? o_O

Haha thank you :D

Dennis it is very nice, not so detailed but it is very nice :)

älska<3

Thanks bro, now I wanna see moar from u :]

I like them.. except the blue crystals and the Geysir ... geysir in a cave looks fail, also I think the ingame glow from the crystals will not be well suited for a dwarven mine, even if it's snow dwarves :p

Yeah I wasent sure about the "gay-sir" but yeah. Might remove it~ and true about the crystals I wasent sure about them, I just wanted it to look like they were actually mining for something xD but a buddy and I discussed another kind of solution for that which I might try out for the next pics

Awesome, but i think dwarves arent for snow :/, it's awesome, but you should replace with crystal spiders or ice golems... maybe deeper, some spectre...

Lul. Allright Thats just the wierdest thing I heard xD I think dwarves suits snow ALOT better then in normal grass territorium, since they often live deep inside mountains, and in pretty much all fantasy stories which there is dwarves they come from the snowy mountains :p

Haha indeed - I love your thinking xD, they live in a snowy area, and as I said before dwarfs pretty much always live in snowy mountains :]

Yes, the reigon where dwarves are on WoW is very much indeed snowy :)

Exactly :d

He has used stone cave wall borders, so the temperature wouldn't have too much of an affect. Maybe it would help even, by heating the walls with fire it would produce cracks?

Haha I like the way ur thinking about this too :D

Hmmm... I wanted to try my very own snowy dwarves, because I think they suit so well in that enviroment :D Thanks for the inspiration HesteN :D
PS: gonna watch how you did your snowy mouintain... they're hard! :D

Ahh.. well nevermind.. mine will be a bit more "Ground floor" Based.. :D Hopefully people will enjoy it... too bad I cba fix a server so I can take ingame pics.. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back