• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua How can i know what all functions do? Where can i find a tutorial?

I personally use this thread here, when searching for functions available in 0.3.7.
The functions listed there are for 0.3.6.. but 98% of them work for 0.3.7.

But as @xKrazyx pointed out, you can look through luascript.cpp for all of the functions in your server if you want to compile a definitive list for yourself to use.

If you're not sure how to use certain functions you can also type it in search, this way you will often find scripts where this function is used so you have an example how to use it.

If you're not sure how to use certain functions you can also type it in search, this way you will often find scripts where this function is used so you have an example how to use it.
I do this all the time. :p
google -- otland doplayeradditem
google -- otland onstatschange
google -- otland dosetcreatureoutfit
et cetera.. I find google to be more helpful then the search function on the forum. :oops:

What your best option is... Open Luascript.cpp in Notepad++.. Press CTRL+F Copy paste your function header(doplayeradditem, dosetcreatureoutfit, etc..) into that search bar.. and look at the code... that way your not googling a function thats different than the one in your distro wasting time that could have been saved looking in luascript.cpp. I've saved so much time just seing variables that are returned differently in .cpp in functions than I first thought. In time that code will start being easier and easier to read I promise xD. Then if your confused at that point, post your function, someone will be able to tell you what it does.. I mean if you code properly most of your functions should be named according to what they do... doSetCreatureOutfit... xD I wonder what this does<<--- lol

Back