• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How did the...

BBFalcon89

Reaction score
How did the word itens come about? i tried translating item to Portuguese and saw no iten in the list, so how did this famously accepted by the br's as a word come about?

obviously a mispelling of items. When you learn bits of another language you may not quite know the spelling. The letter 'n' almost sounds the same as 'm' so a non-native speaker may and most likely have spelt it as they heard it.

I can understand the initial spelling it wrong, or typo part. But i meant how did it just come about into being a word. Like they've been corrected everytime they use it.

Because once a word gets used over time it becomes a new term. However itens is not a word. It is just an expression to mock br's. "plx gib itenz" and "gib muni" are two stereotypes.

well you were extremely wrong... apparently their grammar works in such that when a word ending with m is plural it turns into ns. and it's not just used as a mocking term it's generally used by all brs.

It's a typo commonly used by Brazilians, that's why it got "famous".

Back