• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How should I clean my laptop keyboard?

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
This computer is an Acer Aspire 5750z and the keyboard on it is nice to look at, when it's clean anyway.
The keys have little space's between them which is a bitch to get to the little crevices etc.
How do you guys recommend I clean it.

acer_aspire_5750z_5_141948028056_640x360.jpg

acer-aspire-5750g-0_1.jpg

Last edited:
the cheap way would be, an air duster and a soft brittle brush(old tooth brush could work).
Use the brush to get between the small gaps(to loosen any dirt and the duster to blow it away.

If it be me, I would remove the keyboard and clean it(to make sure the dust does not get blow inside the laptop.).

Just take a part all keys from keyboard, easy to pull them off. after you clean it you can easily put keys back just by pressing the key in it's spot. <- simply and easy way ( but im not sure if all laptop keyboard can be easily removed and be re-placed again. If you want to try my way i advice you to sacrifice key you never use like *pause* xD. )

Pull off the keyboard (might need to open it up abit) and pull the keys off then with a DAMP not WET cloth, gently clean it.

First tilt your laptop foward so any big stuff falls out. Then take a spoon and on the end put a wet wipe. Run it trough the keys and edges, and it will pick up any dust or dirt. Take a vacuum cleaner and gently run it over the keyboard.

That is the method I use and it's proven good. Not recommending removing the keys.

All you have to do is pull from each key (with caution, because they might split) and if it is Acer Aspire you will probably find this below your keys:

IMG_0356.jpg

In any case it will be similar to what this pic shows:

art_3.png

There is just one problem.. It may take you 1/2 life to clean it by this method. If you don't feel safe with this method try what people said and use air compressors xDDD

Good luck :)

A good way also, is to hold it up-side down and shake it firmly, but gently. Also compressed air should do the trick, if regulated to a perfect pressure. Otherwise you could have keys scattered allover the place.

(I felt I had to contribute with something legit as my genitalia idea was apparently not very well appreciated)

A good way also, is to hold it up-side down and shake it firmly, but gently. Also compressed air should do the trick, if regulated to a perfect pressure. Otherwise you could have keys scattered allover the place.

(I felt I had to contribute with something legit as my genitalia idea was apparently not very well appreciated)

Hahahaha, I see you got great ideas about cleaning computers xD

Lol failure, tell us which way you did it, btw I learned that for a regular Desktop Keyboard you can clean it by putting it in the Dish Washer and it'll be fine! (As long as you turn off the heat and just let it air-dry)

Back