• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How should server look like?

error656

Reaction score
Hi guys, i was thinking for a some time about create a server because i like stuff like that, got time and knowledge to do that. But i wanna do something what can attract players like u. So right now i show You my conception of server and some thoughts.

1. Version
Hmm i prefer old versions like 7.4/7.6 but i dont reject the newest version. So what do you think about this? With version would be more reasonable to take?

2. Map
Ofc i dont think about createing a new map because it will be pointles. Also dont like maps with teleports to plastic exp. It have to be natural build if you know what i mean. About size i think it cant be really big(provide for max 40-50 players). So i will take some of the custom map and refine it. With map you like or can u recommend? And what do you think about this conception?

3. Exp/Skills
I dont like servers with high exp, where you can take 100 lvl in 1 day. I know some of the players will disagree with me but i think about stages with expirence in range 10-5x. About skills i have other opinion and let them grow fast. Will u play on server with no high exp stages?

4. Fight
Idea of build bot in game does not fit for me so if i would choose new version bot ofc will be off.

5. Donations
Buying advantage for money is isn't in my type. If this project will rise it will not have donations shop. I know some of the players (especially young) like to buying thinks just to get easier, but i see a lots of people here will agree with me that shop is ruin fun.

In summary i wanna create an ots for players who like fun but also challenges because i dont want to create somethink where you can get everythink after few days. What do you think about this project? Is it get the chance to come into being? What else you think server should get to interest you? All opinion are welcome. Right now it is just on converse stage :)

ps. sorry for bad english

I will tell you what kind of server I do like to play.

1. Version
I prefer to play a 7.4 server without any wands/rods, aimbots.

2. Map
Creating a own selfmade map without getting easily good items, where you have to loot them so without or maybe a few hard quests. also a map without or a few teleports. also some hunting grounds with good hidden hunting places so if your hunted or just don't want anyone to come in your hunting place, you could level there without getting killed.

3. Exp/Skills
Exp rate have to be kinda low I would think about 3-4x. about the skills I would think about 3x and with some faster health/mana regen.

4. Fight
No aimbot.

5. Donations.
No donations, it just will ruin the server. and otherwise some donations what doesn't give exp/skills/items.

I could help you with mapping if you want to make your own map. never scripted before maybe I could learn it.

Greetings,

Peter

I will tell you what kind of server I do like to play.

1. Version
I prefer to play a 7.4 server without any wands/rods, aimbots.

2. Map
Creating a own selfmade map without getting easily good items, where you have to loot them so without or maybe a few hard quests. also a map without or a few teleports. also some hunting grounds with good hidden hunting places so if your hunted or just don't want anyone to come in your hunting place, you could level there without getting killed.

3. Exp/Skills
Exp rate have to be kinda low I would think about 3-4x. about the skills I would think about 3x and with some faster health/mana regen.

4. Fight
No aimbot.

5. Donations.
No donations, it just will ruin the server. and otherwise some donations what doesn't give exp/skills/items.

I could help you with mapping if you want to make your own map. never scripted before maybe I could learn it.

Greetings,

Peter

Well we definitely similarly think, im always open for cooperation. Dont want to discourage you but create a whole new map is really time-consuming, i suggest to look for a good map and refine and/or add something to it. I guess it is alots of map with isnt use on ots. We should stay in touch :)

Seems to me you're not ready to make a server, basically because you have the same things in mind everyone does but without any fundamental basis. Might wanna learn about metagame and, hell, game themes in general

Dont want to discourage you but create a whole new map is really time-consuming
Creating a good OT is time consuming. If you just want to have a download-and-run server, download the RL map, make it x9999, buy a dedic server and watch the money roll in. But if you want to have a decent server with dedicated players, be prepared to spend a lot of time making the OT, because otherwise noone will play it.

1. Version
Hmm i prefer old versions like 7.4/7.6 but i dont reject the newest version. So what do you think about this? With version would be more reasonable to take?
7.6 is better than 7.4 in my honest opinion.

You have skype/msn?
Nope but i can register on msn

Seems to me you're not ready to make a server, basically because you have the same things in mind everyone does but without any fundamental basis. Might wanna learn about metagame and, hell, game themes in general
I think you have got right in some parts but, long time ago i have got good server (people like it and it was in some sort really oryginal), for that time a trying to test different variants i also have alots of thoughts about how my server should looks like so i have got a picture of it. But im worry that people will not like it, couse i see popular ots just simple, for players who want have 1000 lvl and everythink without effort. Anyway like i said you have got right that i need to think a little more before i start to doing my ots, i create this thread for learn more about what players needs, i also be aware that in this forum its alots of people like me.

Creating a good OT is time consuming. If you just want to have a download-and-run server, download the RL map, make it x9999, buy a dedic server and watch the money roll in. But if you want to have a decent server with dedicated players, be prepared to spend a lot of time making the OT, because otherwise noone will play it.
I know that if you want to create a good ots you have to count alots of time in it, but if you want to do that + create a whole new map you may miscalculate yourself. But like i said i dont want to doing somethink like you write above, and i realize that even if i could have at least a few players it will be a some sort of succes.

7.6 is better than 7.4 in my honest opinion.
When i have my best ots it was stand on 7.6 so i have got a little sentiment for this version.

Imho. Donation items DO ruin servers. BUT! You also should get some help with your server. Thus why dont you do like Mastercores did and add a system where you can buy a "gold" acc like an advanced premmy that adds .25 to party exp. so instead of getting a small amount of exp you will get a bit more. But thats money should only be used to pay for server hosting. Thats wwhere people ruin their servers by using the money for w.e. not advancingthe server like it should be.

Back