• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to see which server you are using

Limos

Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
In this tutorial I will write a short explanation how you can see which server you are using and why this is important to mention in support posts.
Hopefully this will help to prevent the high amount of posts about it and the misunderstandings about the difference between server versions and client versions.

What is a server version?

There are all kinds of different servers developed by different people.
Most servers are based on other servers, which results into similar but also different versions of servers, for example the The Forgotten Server versions.
These versions are based on other The Forgotten Server versions, but these server versions have their own unique things.
There is for example a big difference between The Forgotten Server version 0.2, 0.3 (older versions), 0.3.6, 0.4/0.3.7, 1.0 and 1.1.
This means there can be more servers for a certain client version that are really different.
So if people ask for your server version, do not post your client version instead because people need to know the server version.

Why is this important to know?

There are a lot of differences between different servers and versions.
To be able to solve problems it's important to know which server you are using to know which functions and features can be used and what is added by default.
So if you ask for help it's important to mention this else people won't be able to help you properly.
In Support it's even required, not adding your server version when you ask for support for your server is a violation of Support board rule 5.
Also when it comes to released scripts, they often don't work on all versions so you can look for which version(s) the script was made.
If you're not using the default datapack (data folder) of the server and you have problems with things that are added there, it can also be useful to add which datapack you are using.

CsWEDnDfh.png

Now to find out which server you are using, start your server.
B7WyUSv8o.png

The first line shows the server and version, so this is The Forgotten Server version 1.1.
You can also find the server version and client version in definitions.h (source file).
It's often useful to add the client version aswell incase the server version was made for different client versions or if the server is less known.

Example of older versions.

The Forgotten Server version 0.2.15 (Mystic Spirit) client 9.8
The Forgotten Server version 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) client 8.54

In older versions you can also find the server version with right click on your server, then Properties, Details.
DB_AB9zvd.png

This usually gives some extra information like which revision is it, which is basicly another version of a server version.

For example these 2 servers are both The Forgotten Server version 0.4.0 client 8.60, but one is revision 3429 (0.3.6) and the other one is revision 3777.
This means that the first The Forgotten Server version 0.4.0 is almost the same as The Forgotten Server version 0.3.6, but the revision 3777 isn't.
cehUyD-LU.png

So if you use The Forgotten Server version 0.4 or 0.3.7 (which is basicly the same) it is useful to add the revision aswell since there are alot of different versions of it.

You can of course also just write it in short, so TFS 1.1, TFS 0.2.15, TFS 0.3.6, TFS 0.4 rev 3429, TFS 0.4 rev 3777.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tutorial this will make it easier for people to understand which server they are actually using great job @Limos

Hello i cant see the screenshots, can someone please explain it to me? i dont know which scripts i should use in my server

Hello i cant see the screenshots, can someone please explain it to me? i dont know which scripts i should use in my server
where did you downloaded it? what tibia version is it? when opening it, it should tell its name on the first lines of the console...

where did you downloaded it? what tibia version is it? when opening it, it should tell its name on the first lines of the console...
oh i see ty :) do you know maybe which command i should use in TFS 1.2 to check a voc?

Back
Top Bottom