• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux How to use Linux ?,rep++ very much!.

Ates.tr

Im back
Reaction score
There's anyone who know how to use Linux ? or can make a tutorial XD?

I heard like if you use 'Linux' server doesn't lag + no one can ping!.

It's true ?

There's anyone who know how to use Linux ? or can make a tutorial XD?

I heard like if you use 'Linux' server doesn't lag + no one can ping!.

It's true ?

what do you mean by how to use?
like how to host a server or just use as a normal OS?
the way i learned, which may be good for you, is to download, install and just play around with it, and use google for specific stuff

<3 linux

I would like to try that out too but I don't know if it's worth the time

i personally love linux, after switching to windows, i'll probably never go back, except for specific programs that cannot possibly run under linux (not even WINE), once you get it set up its very low maintenance, and user friendly in my opinion, i will admit its not for everyone.

as far as hosting OTs goes, its alot easier to compile (again, in my opinion), and you dont have alot of wasted resources for external things that windows runs.

Just to compare the speed with linix/windows, when i switched to linux i made some test, with phpsysinfo on winblows it took more than 1 second ALWAYS!!! and on linux my record on loading is 0.0053 sec ;] and always LESS THAN 1 SECOND...

And the players on the server saw the difference too when i switched they was like OMGR00XXXSPEED, if you are still thinking on switching I REALLY recommend it, Linux _/ P.S. im a debian user but started with ubuntu *it's pretty the same bah*

Anyway IF you have ANY question about Linux feel free to ask me....

judging by the OP's question, *nix isn't for him :s

and yes, people can ping you unless you disable echo replies, what's wrong with it?

Okay, I am completely new to all this linux stuff. I have been making my own OT in my windows computer and now Its the time for the hosting. I was looking around on forum and I decided to buy a dedicated server with linux because of the efficiency and security.
My question is:

I have my server running online in my personal computer along with the webpage, I have windows so I am using Xampp.
I am planing to use filezilla to upload my stuff into the dedicated server but what do I have to do if the dedicated server is going to run on ubuntu. I know that linux wont run .EXE files for instance so, what modifications do I have to make to my TFS in windows in order to upload via filezilla and run it remotely.

Lots of people saying in forum they will download linux onto their computers to test etc. Id like not to do this and only change the necessary files from TFS so I can send it to the dedicated :S

Thanks.

Back