• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How will this perform?

Crolly

Lithera♣ Dev
Reaction score
@title

LBHb.png

I will be playing all kind of games :)

Last edited:
It will perform exceptionally well, but you may want a better power supply just so that you may have some head room if ever decide to overclock and / or add another 6970 for CrossFire sometime in the future.

inb4 amd cannot drivers.

It will perform exceptionally well, but you may want a better power supply just so that you may have some head room if ever decide to overclock and / or add another 6970 for CrossFire sometime in the future.

inb4 amd cannot drivers.

Why would I need to add another 6970 :eek:? I think that this will do pretty good without crossfire, but of course it would get even better with it I guess..

Also, I won't clock it so this power supply will do

Uppgraderingspaket Intel Core i5 2500K - Inet.se

2.0TB Samsung EcoGreen F4. SATA-2 5400RPM 32MB - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM
INTEL 320 Serie SSD 120GB SATA II 2.5inc - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM
Less than 100 SEK more for another 40 GB of SSD goodness. Get 5% off on CDON with the code SWEC1201.
You said you'll be playing games, so there's no point in wasting your money on a 2600K. Spend that money on a good CPU-cooler instead and overclock the 2500K: Thermalright Silver Arrow Multiple Heatpipe Cooler - Inet.se

The PSU performs well according to reviews but it's old and just 80+ standard. I'd say grabbing something like the AX 750 would be worth it. Semi-passive fan, fully modular, 80+ gold and lots of headroom.
The Silent Pro M would still work though. Corsair AX 750W Professional Series Gold/Modul�ra kablar - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM

Reaching 4.5 GHz is a peace of cake with Sandy Bridge. It should be easy even for first timers, just read first and ask if you're unsure.
SATA cables are bundled with the motherboard.
Crossfire and SLI are great for performance but one should be aware of potential problems that come with it, such as micro stutter. I wouldn't recommend CF/SLI for someone who wants their gaming machine to just work.

In BIOS, switch SATA mode from IDE or whatever to AHCI before installing your OS on the SSD.

Battlefield 3?

Uppgraderingspaket Intel Core i5 2500K - Inet.se

2.0TB Samsung EcoGreen F4. SATA-2 5400RPM 32MB - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM
INTEL 320 Serie SSD 120GB SATA II 2.5inc - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM
Less than 100 SEK more for another 40 GB of SSD goodness. Get 5% off on CDON with the code SWEC1201.
You said you'll be playing games, so there's no point in wasting your money on a 2600K. Spend that money on a good CPU-cooler instead and overclock the 2500K: Thermalright Silver Arrow Multiple Heatpipe Cooler - Inet.se

The PSU performs well according to reviews but it's old and just 80+ standard. I'd say grabbing something like the AX 750 would be worth it. Semi-passive fan, fully modular, 80+ gold and lots of headroom.
The Silent Pro M would still work though. Corsair AX 750W Professional Series Gold/Modul�ra kablar - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM

Reaching 4.5 GHz is a peace of cake with Sandy Bridge. It should be easy even for first timers, just read first and ask if you're unsure.
SATA cables are bundled with the motherboard.
Crossfire and SLI are great for performance but one should be aware of potential problems that come with it, such as micro stutter. I wouldn't recommend CF/SLI for someone who wants their gaming machine to just work.

In BIOS, switch SATA mode from IDE or whatever to AHCI before installing your OS on the SSD.

Battlefield 3?

Thanks for your respond, but I'd like to buy all the stuff from one company. Also I do not have any reason to not trust the reviews, and I will not only be playing games but also working with Adobe programs etc. I will not get Crossfire nor SLI.

Whats the difference between IDE and AHCI? And if AHCI would be better why isn't it already default?

Thanks for your reply :)

Thanks for your respond, but I'd like to buy all the stuff from one company. Also I do not have any reason to not trust the reviews, and I will not only be playing games but also working with Adobe programs etc. I will not get Crossfire nor SLI.

Whats the difference between IDE and AHCI? And if AHCI would be better why isn't it already default?

Thanks for your reply :)
Better performance and compatibilty with your SSD. Haven't really read anything about it though so I can't give you a proper answer.

But really, you don't think 500 SEK less for an HDD double the size is worth it? And a 50% larger SSD for 100 SEK more? :p

Better performance and compatibilty with your SSD. Haven't really read anything about it though so I can't give you a proper answer.

But really, you don't think 500 SEK less for an HDD double the size is worth it? And a 50% larger SSD for 100 SEK more? :p

Sounds fair, I'll consider it :)

Sounds fair, I'll consider it :)

Really, you should. You'll probably regret it later otherwise :p

If you still feel like you've got money to spend you could switch the HD 6970 for a GTX 580. +500 SEK but is more powerful (more precious FPS) and supports CUDA (should speed up some work in the Adobe suite a bit, depends on what you're doing).
Gigabyte GTX580 1536MB PCI-E - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM

CUDA in Photoshop: Photoshop CS5: CUDA : Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance
CUDA in Premiere Pro: Premiere Pro CS5 (Render) : Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance
They used a 980X and a GTX 480 in these tests: Test Configuration : Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance
The advantage of CUDA is obvious :p

Really, you should. You'll probably regret it later otherwise :p

If you still feel like you've got money to spend you could switch the HD 6970 for a GTX 580. +500 SEK but is more powerful (more precious FPS) and supports CUDA (should speed up some work in the Adobe suite a bit, depends on what you're doing).
Gigabyte GTX580 1536MB PCI-E - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM

CUDA in Photoshop: Photoshop CS5: CUDA : Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance
CUDA in Premiere Pro: Premiere Pro CS5 (Render) : Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance
They used a 980X and a GTX 480 in these tests: Test Configuration : Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance
The advantage of CUDA is obvious :p

I will buy that harddrive, but not the SSD as I got no need for another 40G of space, I will only place my OS on that drive so 80G should be okay.

I got no need of having a super fast PS, so I will stick with the 6970 I got on the list atm.

Thanks alot anyway, you helped me :)!

I will buy that harddrive, but not the SSD as I got no need for another 40G of space, I will only place my OS on that drive so 80G should be okay.

I got no need of having a super fast PS, so I will stick with the 6970 I got on the list atm.

Thanks alot anyway, you helped me :)!

You're not going for the SSD? Really? It's just 100 SEK more and you decide not to? Var inte dumsnål!
80 GB is nothing! My 120 GB drives filled very quickly (120 GB OCZ Vertex 3, 120 GB Intel 510, 64 GB Crucial M4).

Those 40 GB are great for games like BF3 which suffers from long map load times. Or for your Adobe programs. Or both. More.

Don't think like that... you'll regret it later :p

You're not going for the SSD? Really? It's just 100 SEK more and you decide not to? Var inte dumsnål!
80 GB is nothing! My 120 GB drives filled very quickly (120 GB OCZ Vertex 3, 120 GB Intel 510, 64 GB Crucial M4).

Those 40 GB are great for games like BF3 which suffers from long map load times. Or for your Adobe programs. Or both. More.

Don't think like that... you'll regret it later :p

Just thought that I only would keep the OS on it but I will probably go for the 120 one anyway.. (for programs!)

I would also recommend going for at least 120GB SSD

but I would still focus on having the library of installed games in the regular 1TB HD. You can make bf3 cache the map in the SSD HD later on to increase the performance. SSD should at this time only be for OS + basic smaller programs since its pretty expensive to store stuff there, and nothing is more frustrating than a full OS partition!

I would also recommend going for at least 120GB SSD

but I would still focus on having the library of installed games in the regular 1TB HD. You can make bf3 cache the map in the SSD HD later on to increase the performance. SSD should at this time only be for OS + basic smaller programs since its pretty expensive to store stuff there, and nothing is more frustrating than a full OS partition!

Why wouldn't I store stuff there if I got room over? I would store programs that I would like to run really quickly there I guess

YOU CAN SAVE ALOT MONEY!
Change 2600k to 2500k because you will only get better performance if you do a lot video encoding and that kind of shit those perform equally well in games so if you do not need that little extra shit take 2500k.
Also I would suggest you to take 6950 since they can be modded to 6970 with easy BIOS flash. I mean 6950 model only has some things "disabled" and you can unlock them by flashing that bios file and it will be basically 6970 model after that...
Just make sure that the model you are buying does have dual bios switch.
Take cheapest 1333mhz ddr3 since memory doesn't affect your overclocking potential anymore because these new CPUs are overclocked by changing the multiplier and not by fsb anymore. And afterall it wont affect anything else either, it's like 1-5% performance change. G-skill and kingston are good manufacturers.
Also SSD speeds up your system a lot.
Also there's this cheaper, great and cool case called Bitfenix Shinobi it will cost around 50 euros and it will be as good as Fractal. Your choise, I would go with cheaper Shinobi...
Also in my opinion Asus is the best motherboard manufacturer out there atm. I would suggest you to take ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 which does have some cool features like PCI 3.0 support and things like that.

Im running atm.
2500k OCd to 4.6ghz (could get over 5ghz easily with Noctua NH-U12p but voltages are imo too high for everyday use)
ASUS HD6950 > flashed and ocd to 6970

You need to buy CPU cooler too! That shitty intel cooler will blow your cpu in no time.
Good models are for example (just make sure your case can handle the height of these...)
Noctua NH-D14
Antec Kühler H2O 920 (ready set liquid cooler)
Thermalright Silver Arrow
Coolink Corator DS
Noctua NH-U12P SE2

You can go for liquid cooling system too but it will cost about 3000kr or 300 euros...
Also you should only buy one kit of RAM since you wont usually need more than 4gb. 8gb might be even too much but 16gb is just overkill and waste of money

For PSU I would take XFX Core Edition XXXw they are probably best PSUs if you want good quality and cheap price. Take one of those if you ain't worried about those cables which cannot be removed if you do not some of them.

Sadly this is quite bad time to buy hard drives and ssds because of Thailand's deluges and because of that all prices of hard drives are doubled but those prices can even be tripled in the near future...

Why wouldn't you overclock your system? So easy with these new intels and you can't burn it if you have decent CPU cooler. That orginal cooler will get you up to 80+'c :ninja: So you should consider byuing better cooler.
The difference between 2500k and 2600k is quite minimal and if you really don't want to Oc it why do you even buy that kind of cpu which is made for OCing. You could just buy cheap AMD and amd motherboard if you ain't going to OC those sandy bridge cpus...Doesn't make any sence to buy Cpu made for overclocking if you ain't gonna oc it.

Last edited:
What store are you ordering from? :p

As most people say a SSD is better.
Also would over clock my 2500k instead of buying a 2600k

Back