• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved I can't connect to my own server but others can

KingApo

Reaction score
Hey guys,:)

i use the NaxedOT to host the server as a friend too.. and as the title says i can't log into my own server but friends can log in.. i also can log into my friends server AND he can too..
i get to the character list where i can chose a character but then there is always the 'connecting to server' screen..
on the server is also noticed i loged in but on my tibia window is the 'connecting..' screen and after about one min on the server notice i loged out again <_<

please help me :(

G E R M A N:

Hi Leute,:)

ich benutze den NaxedOT um meinen Server zu hosten und ein Freund von mir macht das auch mit dem.. ok aber wie man schon im Betreff lesen kann, kann ich nicht auf meinen eigenen Server einloggen, aber andere können es.. ein freund von mir der auch mit NaxedOT seinen Server hostet kommt auch mit auf den server also liegt der Fehler bei mir irgendwo..
ich komme nur bis zu der 'character list', wo ich dann einen Charakter aussuchen muss und versuche einzuloggen.. am Server wird auch angezeigt dass ich eingeloggt habe, aber auf dem Tibia Fenster bleibt es auf 'connecting to server..'
nach so knapp einer minute logge ich dann auch vom server wieder aus.. <_<

bitte helft mir :(

Attachments

Your intranet does not allow loopback, its become a very common issue, only way is as previous person said, use 127.0.0.1 or change your router.

When do you get this?
i get to the character list where i can chose a character but then there is always the 'connecting to server' screen..
When you login to your friends server or to your own server of when your friend logs into your server?
Be sure you have your global ip in config.lua (What Is My IP ® | Shows Your IP Address.) and that you have opened port 7172 too.
And other people should login with your global ip and you (if you login from the computer you host the server on) should login with 127.0.0.1 or your IPv4 addres (ip you used to open your ports).

hmm i don't know why but i also tested it with 127.0.0.1 on my server but i can't connent anyway :/

When you login to your friends server or to your own server of when your friend logs into your server?
Be sure you have your global ip in config.lua (What Is My IP ® | Shows Your IP Address.) and that you have opened port 7172 too.
And other people should login with your global ip and you (if you login from the computer you host the server on) should login with 127.0.0.1 or your IPv4 addres (ip you used to open your ports).

no on friends server i can log in normally and my friends also can log into mine but i can't log into my own server.. the character list appears and after selection is only 'connecting' screen
its not my global ip in the .lua file its the server ip but a firend sent me the .lua file and on his computer works normally he can log in.. :/ ports are opened
hmm ok ill test it with my global ip but i don't think thats the problem cause how i said a friend sent me this file and on his pc works fine..

- - - Updated - - -

oh ok now i tested it with my global ip and it works but now all the players must take my global id to log in too
and now i dont have a server ip adress :(

Lol okay so yeah you are always supposed to use your global ip for hosting, the ipv4 ip given to you behind a router is just a local IP address only understood within your network

ok thx :)

i don't know why but when i tested it first time it does't work but now i also can put a server id and anyway i can connect :eek:
but anyway thanks :))

Back