• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux I'm under attack Ddos?

bolero

MikeHere
Reaction score
Hello comunity otlanders...

Actually my server its showing a 2 minutes lag , but I think its a DDos Attack, somebody knows about some command to know if I really being attack..

I think its a DDos Attack because its taking me out even the putty and the RAM its going like normal.

@Ello ;|

http://static.blol.me/photos/1273946179413.jpg

Fyi, there is nothing that can stop DDoS. You can only make it harder to get hit, which then will require bigger bandwith from the DDoS'ers botnet.

Anyhow, if its a "Buy and hit" botnet, which most noobs will get their hands on, a 1Gbs connection will handle it without problem.(preferable with a quick SSD)

True Story. But if u got a private botnet with maybe 300 hard hitting shells you are pretty fucked haha..

@MxSoft, You gotta set it up properly to make it work..

And the thing about (D)DoS-Deflate is that it actually IPBans the zombies or w/e for a while, thats why i think its great..

True Story. But if u got a private botnet with maybe 300 hard hitting shells you are pretty fucked haha..

And the thing about (D)DoS-Deflate is that it actually IPBans the zombies or w/e for a while, thats why i think its great..
I set it up like this:
Code:
##### Paths of the script and other files
PROGDIR="/usr/local/ddos"
PROG="/usr/local/ddos/ddos.sh"
IGNORE_IP_LIST="/usr/local/ddos/ignore.ip.list"
CRON="/etc/cron.d/ddos.cron"
APF="/etc/apf/apf"
IPT="/sbin/iptables"

##### frequency in minutes for running the script
##### Caution: Every time this setting is changed, run the script with --cron
#####          option so that the new frequency takes effect
FREQ=1

##### How many connections define a bad IP? Indicate that below.
NO_OF_CONNECTIONS=50

##### APF_BAN=1 (Make sure your APF version is atleast 0.96)
##### APF_BAN=0 (Uses iptables for banning ips instead of APF)
APF_BAN=1

##### KILL=0 (Bad IPs are'nt banned, good for interactive execution of script)
##### KILL=1 (Recommended setting)
KILL=1

##### An email is sent to the following address when an IP is banned.
##### Blank would suppress sending of mails
EMAIL_TO="root"

##### Number of seconds the banned ip should remain in blacklist.
BAN_PERIOD=600

And doesn't helps me in nothing

Doubt theres more then 3-4 people here on OtLand with enough experience to set up a private botnet.

So you'll be fine with my recommendations, as long as you dont get bad enemies, then you might just aswell shut down the server unless you got enough money/players to spend 1k euros a month on a strong dedicated.

Also, "banning ip address" from the DDoSing botnet will be more or less useless. Since they refresh with new bots all the time (atleast mine does) and connects to different proxys in order to not get traced.

Retards dont have that knowlegde, but even the "buy and hit" botnets wont be affected since they update there bots all the time,(replacing them with new/bots that were offline in the last attack)

If you want more detailed information or hardwares that acctually drops 75-80%(almost 100% for OT servers) of the DDoS, check out my thread(in signature).

Last edited:
Could anyone answer this question please?

I've got a i5-2300 Quad-Core 2,80Ghz but when looking at cpuinfo. It only shows cpu MHz 1600.000 which is 1,60Ghz. :rolleyes:

Code:
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
cpu MHz         : 1600.000

Back