• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is this good?

Is That good, how many players can i host?

@Up, Screw you..

@Topic,
the internet can hold around 50 players easy.
however that doesn't means your computer can.

The internet speed is decent and is not classed as bad at all.. what's a bad internet is <100 kb/s down speed.

Offtopic; I hate when noobs come and think that everything that isn't the fastest is bad! seriously! if you are the one must have the best and think everyone else suck that doesn't have the best, Screw you from behind and leave such thread as this as the original poster want a serious answer and not some "you suck-flaming" from noobs that don't even know what Sql-Inject means.

Okay, Mr universe and pro have spoken. Im very sorry for being such a noob, and will never login on otland again. Thank you RealSoft, you are truely the guideline in my life. Anything else?

Wanna screw me from behind maybe? Your not the biggest pro eaither, but you think you are :)

Okay, Mr universe and pro have spoken. Im very sorry for being such a noob, and will never login on otland again. Thank you RealSoft, you are truely the guideline in my life. Anything else?

Wanna screw me from behind maybe? Your not the biggest pro eaither, but you think you are :)

never said I'm pro, and I don't tell people their net sucks because I got one is 20x better.

yeah sure, we go doggy style ok?

Upload is what matters the most.

Stian's formula:
Code:
0.78*1024/16
My formula:
Code:
0.78*1024/24
or
0.78*1024/32
Keep in mind that neither are precise, and are only meant to give you an idea about how much your uplink can handle!

Ont: I'd go for Cykotitan's first formula (33 players)from my own experience, and keep in mind that the website take some too, if you have one

Last edited by a moderator:
I hade worse internet the that back in 7.92 and i hosted 65 without lagg.

It's not only your upload speed that mathers... It's the "ping" == "ms"
It that's low it will be less laggy

I hade worse internet the that back in 7.92 and i hosted 65 without lagg.

It's not only your upload speed that mathers... It's the "ping" == "ms"
It that's low it will be less laggy
Basically it's the distance of the client to server, but also the ability of your server to reply back fast enough.

i have hosted 90 players before whit only some small laggs and a website.
but the speed test is weird i come up to 1mb/s on upload but it lowers on the last to 0.7 - 0.6 :S

It's good enough for first server I think =P
I have nearly same upload and can host server with 40+ ppl no lags.
mine:

Back