• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

It's too many RL maps!

@Byte
I wouldn't be so sure about that.(The PvP thing)
I will use Zezenia a game based off tibia, but that is nothing alike.(Not saying is good nor bad, is just an example)
They had 2 servers back when I played, 2 PvP, the difference was the locations where they where hosted. The community started decaying cuz everyone was an a-hole and just Pk everywhere and anyone, they decided to create another server PvE (Player Versus Environment focused only, in other words NO-PvP). The server was a huge success, the player base growth for about 80% there, to say some numbers, PVP servers had 30-50 Max players in top Hours, the PvE had 100+ all day.​

Another compassion would be Tibia Cipsoft.
Back in the day when tibia was PvP, PvP-e, and Non-PVP, Non-PVP servers had the most players in it, cuz they didn't want to go trough all the hustle of been hunted or to get killed while playing. why do you think they now work as Optional PVP.​

PvP in servers is mostly Bots VS Bots not Player Vs Player, you can't call your self skilled anymore, because players are corrupted by bots/macros, and it becomes boring or just stupid to play pvp. Right now the only skill needed is to create a good script off a bot, and have good connection

Good custom servers which content is rich can keep players in it for a while, IF AND ONLY IF there are no major bugs. As an example "Kingdom Age", that ATS was a huge success but the Admins where all BRs who didn't speak other language than Portuguese, and many bugs which they didn't care about, leading the server to a failure
Another example of rich content would be Necronia New World (Sorry if they changed it, but this is the name I knew it for) developed by @Shadowsong @tarjei , this is such a good server, but sadly they are still in beta testings, and they don't focus on PVP or something of sorts, its pure Lore/questing, and its amazing, the player get hook in the RP feeling it gives that just want you to stay for more.​

I'm not hatting on PvP at all, I love it, but on today servers is just as I've already stated BvB, not PvP.

Let me ask you this.
If you say Players/Communities don't like questing and sorts off, why do they play Global Maps instead of Team Vs Team servers? (War Servers)

This is my answer, not sure if you agree or not.
"Players have hidden feelings to develop their Characters into something unique of their own, they like to do quests that's why they still play Global Maps.​

Custom servers don't Die off DDos, they die off Poor content, bugs which lead to resets, or in most of the cases low content to play. that's why Custom Ots die.

TL;DR
Custom servers die off: "Bugs which lead to resets, low content" not DDOS.
PvP is not why players go for Global Maps, other wise they would play WarServers.

@Byte
TL;DR
Custom servers die off: "Bugs which lead to resets, low content" not DDOS.
PvP is not why players go for Global Maps, other wise they would play WarServers.

People want a good balance between pvp and rpg/chilling. ^^ also i've seen a lot of custom servers where there alse were a lot of wars going on ;).

I would like to add one other thing why custom servers die off. I agree that most of the time servers die off due to low content or game breaking bugs BUT for me also the fact that they lack proper advertising. All the good custom servers built up a good fanbase off people waiting for it to be released. I see a lot of custom servers that just make an advertising thread and then hope that somehow the people will find them and try them out.

In custom servers a good clean start is everything!

@Javiersin I notice you keep saying "back then" where as I'm referring to nowadays. Optional PvP worlds are an excellent example of this. There used to be NO PvP at all in these worlds, but they made it optional. Why? Because players want to fight.

About the bot thing, I couldn't agree more. Sad truth but evidently item hotkeys just weren't enough for botters, they always want more.

"Players have hidden feelings to develop their Characters into something unique of their own, they like to do quests that's why they still play Global Maps.​

Definitely agree with this and that is indeed why war servers aren't popular. Players still want to be working towards something (level, skills, items, etc.) But that's just a small part of them because if there was no pvp, they wouldn't be playing at all.

Now you might argue, Optional PvP worlds have more players than Open Pvp worlds in Global. But realize the amount of open pvp worlds is far greater compared to optional pvp worlds, plus optional pvp worlds are filled with cavebotters that don't worry about a thing since they can't be killed.

I'm not sure myself how Optional PvP work at all, but as it reads, I assume that now you have the option to be involved in PvP or not by choice, where before it was you either chose pvp world or non pvp.

To me it looks like they merged both cuz A) players like to fight ( No argue about that ) B) They like also to have hunt free. You could go both ways of the Coin with Optional, Cuz either pvp was to frustrating or cuz that's what non pvp players wanted. its just to what side you slide to

@Javiersin so your saying that you are so god damn experienced within ots that you KNOW that OT's does not die out by DDoS? Im afraid your terribly wrong. There is alot of cruel people out there who ddos'es people servers all the time! Every hour to be exact theres people that attacks servers with ddos.
So don't you come here and tell me that the only reason for a ot to die out is cause of bugs.

@DestinationSer
You seems like an interesting folk, who does not know how to have a good educated conversations.
I never said DDoS never happen, and I never said people are nice. Nevertheless DDoS is not the reason why Custom Servers die off.

Back
Top Bottom