• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Koik.me - Discussion-Thread

Snooby

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
The website/service was put together late 2014 by Mark, and since Mark is active on these forums I thought we could have a discussion-thread about the site and maybe get some insight into the growth of the website and more. You are also free to register a user at the website and spread the word in order to help it grow!

Koik.me is a simple service that allows everyone to join and connect all their social media profiles with only one link. Koik works as an extension link to all of your social media profiles. We have collected around 40 popular networks and personal pages for you so you can share them with one link. - quoted from koik.me

URL - http://koik.me

Last edited:
"One link to all your profiles"

Good idea!
Yeah, I saw that. But I dont get it.. x'D So if u click on one single link you will get re-directed to all the profiles at the same time? lol

Anyone up for that hacker school mentioned in koik.me? I'm interested, not sure when though.
Would be great if 2-3 otlanders join that school the same 3 months.
@Mark I didn't saw where is it located at their website, I'm wondering if you went there?

It's located in NYC and according to his Twitter, he did go there.

Yeah, I saw that. But I dont get it.. x'D So if u click on one single link you will get re-directed to all the profiles at the same time? lol

Koik is a web service that I hacked together in a week or so. It lets you gather your profile links in one place, allowing you to share them with one link, whether it's on the Internet or to someone you just met in real life, you can just tell people to go to koik.me/naxtie to find you online. I find it useful to link to my Koik profile from certain websites where you can only enter a single link, this allows people to find me on many other networks. If it sounds useful to you too, please use it and let your friends know about it, if it grows I'll keep working on it.

Anyone up for that hacker school mentioned in koik.me? I'm interested, not sure when though.
Would be great if 2-3 otlanders join that school the same 3 months.
@Mark I didn't saw where is it located at their website, I'm wondering if you went there?

I did go to Hacker School, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys programming and wants to spend three months getting better at it with awesome, like-minded, and friendly people. I suggest reading the manual to get a better idea of what Hacker School is: https://www.hackerschool.com/manual. You should definitely apply if it still sounds interesting after reading the manual.

You should really make this an app for mobile devices & Ipads and promote it, think it can grow really big actually.

Koik is a web service that I hacked together in a week or so. It lets you gather your profile links in one place, allowing you to share them with one link, whether it's on the Internet or to someone you just met in real life, you can just tell people to go to koik.me/naxtie to find you online. I find it useful to link to my Koik profile from certain websites where you can only enter a single link, this allows people to find me on many other networks. If it sounds useful to you too, please use it and let your friends know about it, if it grows I'll keep working on it.

Sounds really cool, would use it on my OT server for sure instead of having shitloads of other links to different stuff. Thanks for the info btw!

@Mark
Okay so here is another thing you might try to add, dunno how it works out though:
Recently someone I got along with rly good from a forum which closed down lost sight of me. So he was trying to find me on the internet and it was only due to coincidence that he found me again on my clans forum since I always use the same nickname exept for Otland haha :D So what would be nice is a search field where you could type in e.g. the old skype name of your friends you lost contact with and then find his koik link and his other contact entries :)

@Mark
Okay so here is another thing you might try to add, dunno how it works out though:
Recently someone I got along with rly good from a forum which closed down lost sight of me. So he was trying to find me on the internet and it was only due to coincidence that he found me again on my clans forum since I always use the same nickname exept for Otland haha :D So what would be nice is a search field where you could type in e.g. the old skype name of your friends you lost contact with and then find his koik link and his other contact entries :)

This would only work if Koik stored your old entries or if you had not updated your Skype on your Koik profile. It's too much of an edge case to put much effort into, but I might add search eventually. Thanks for the feedback.

This would only work if Koik stored your old entries or if you had not updated your Skype on your Koik profile. It's too much of an edge case to put much effort into, but I might add search eventually. Thanks for the feedback.
add android app and it will be the best thing ever <3

Nice site Mark.
There's actually probably a great need for something like this now-a-days.

Unfortunately I don't use many "social services," but I've created an account and will spread the word as much as I can to support the site.

Red

I've updated the main post to be abit more informative.

add android app and it will be the best thing ever <3

The website is responsive to your screen resolution, I don't think an application for it is too necessary since the website function so well.

I've updated the main post to be abit more informative.

The main post is inaccurate. I was at Hacker School a year ago (February - May 2014), Koik was created last month.

The main post is inaccurate. I was at Hacker School a year ago (February - May 2014), Koik was created last month.

Should be accurate now - you can edit it as you like if there is anything you would like to change.

Back