• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Let's fix a few tools...

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
So, I feel like the relationship between tfs , otclient, item editor, and object builder are in a very awkward place.

What I mean is, otclient runs pretty crappy with 10.98 tfs, and object builder dont even support 10.98 out of the box. I don't know what kind of support object builder has, but it seems to me otclient is basically dead where it stands.

Seeing as how noone seems interested in progressing anything publicly and fixing these issues for the community as a whole, and I'm fairly convinced that the unity3d client hype is just smoke and mirrors, I am willing to throw some money at fixing these issues.

I would do it myself, but I am barely even a scripter, let alone a C++ programmer.

What will it take to smooth out Otclient to where it plays nicely with the current tfs, and to upgrade the current object builder to 10.98 support?

the community is in a bad place because not very many people contribute
with the same exact people working on everything, they get bored of doing the same things with no new people coming in to help
go look at a few of the repos and look at the contributors, 99% of the time it's the same people working on an open source project while everyone else expects to be spoonfed
there's people here who will optimize engines for money but won't submit a pull request to said engine to improve something we all use
what's the point of open source when everybody just takes from it and doesn't bother even trying to help?
what will it take? people who decide to learn and give back to the community they're a part of

and no, i'm not trying to say every single person here should be some godsent programmer, cause not everybody has the mindset or skillset for that.
i'm saying that there's a lot of people here who just take take take and very few who want to learn and help this community.

Back