• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter LF Scripter to work together on procedurally generated maps

issler92

Reaction score
Hi all!
Recently I've been messing around with large, proc generated maps... that is: large maps generated by contour shapefiles, either randomly from photoshop or from GIS databases. I've been modifying Forby's Script heavily, and I think I got to a point where I can write a script that will randomly generate cities (more on that later). Not all is well though.
I've been super busy lately and I don't think I can keep this up on my own. I know that's a rad, rad project since so many people would benefit from being able to randomly generate cities. After all is said and done, I do plan to release this script to the wider community, from which I have taken so much (thanks TFS, remere and all the amazing tools).
I plan to release a full-on automated script, which will not only randomly generate terrain on photoshop (I think I got this one nailed already), but also add trees and other doodads according to brush size, and eventually even cities and spawns. A lot of games support procedurally generated maps, and I think it's awesome not to be constrained to such a small world (I'm talking to you Baiak servers).
I'm looking for someone who can help me develop this, and in general pick up the slack when I'm too busy (I also study/work), and vice-versa. More people are welcome to join if they can contribute, and my plan is to have as many people on board as possible.
If you're interested feel free to send me a PM or talk to me on discord I'm curl #4750 or post here, if you don't like discord. I'll post more pictures of my current work as the day rolls by.
Thank you all for reading,
Peace!

Back