• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling [Linux] Problem with Application run.

Redan

/* */
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
At first, I want to say I am not rly experienced with server compilations on linux.

Problem:
I'd like to re-compile my server on my Virtual Machine (with Debian Wheezy) and then transfer it to another physical machine (with Debian Wheezy as well). Everything goes right until I start the server on the physical machine. It gives me "Segmentation fault" which is probably related to inproper memory management or smth. Isn't it possible to compile my distro on VM and then transfer it to my VPS? Why? How to avoid "Segmentation fault"?

#Edit
I forgot to add: I'm using my own distro, mostly based on TFS codes.

Last edited:
Why dont you just compile TFS on your hosting computer? And Segfaults are caused by faulty programing so you better check the debuging file

Why dont you just compile TFS on your hosting computer? And Segfaults are caused by faulty programing so you better check the debuging file
To reduce the time of update implementation?
Can someone explain why distros transfered from other machines don't work?
Should I transfer anything else, excluding data, config and libs?

Last edited:
To reduce the time of update implementation?
Can someone explain why distros transfered from other machines don't work?
Should I transfer anything else, excluding data, config and libs?

Just automate the process with a bash script or something. I do this with Alchera, every24h after a server shutdown(from a globalsave)the script pulls the data from the repository, makes a backup, places the new data, creates a new log file and starts TFS, all in under 5 minutes, and I dont even have to worry about the script because it does it automatically.

I dont know if you use github, but if you dont you could create your own private git server for this.

Just automate the process with a bash script or something. I do this with Alchera, every24h after a server shutdown(from a globalsave)the script pulls the data from the repository, makes a backup, places the new data, creates a new log file and starts TFS, all in under 5 minutes, and I dont even have to worry about the script because it does it automatically.

I dont know if you use github, but if you dont you could create your own private git server for this.
Thank you for advice!

Back