• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Looking for hoster | Frozera 8.60 edited evolution |

They might give ddos protection but at what lvl for that price?
I would never tell someone to get a dedi that cheap that promises things like that.
Never heard of "too good too be true"?

Well its cheap so why not give it a try and then rate it.

Just because its cheap doesn't mean its bad.

And as for your hate for @Don Daniello's service, you keep claiming that the service sucks, but how do you know it does? Have you owned a server? Your claims are without evidence. I've seen only one person on this forum saying that the support was not as promised, and another saying that the server was not suiting the needs of the poster.

I have seen tons of peoples that complain about hes service, i don't think the servers is bad only the support. :p

Well its cheap so why not give it a try and then rate it.

Just because its cheap doesn't mean its bad.

Why would I waste my money on that? Id rather like Cornex just offerd, buy someone a good dedi, who has a good map and play on that. Insted of getting that person 1 month with don's service, ive had enough of his service, if you offer smth you should actually do it, its the same as if you go to your supermarket or w/e and lets say you buy meat for 30eurs, but you get a lollipop insted.
I would NEVER tell somone to get smth that I feel isen't worth the money, after all these years on this forum, ive read ALOT about diffrent dedis and diffrent companies.
As I wrote earlier, @Don Daniello 's service might have been good, but when ppl need to ask for help from others, who they aren't paying to get threre server to work, well.. its just wrong..

Idc if he is alone on his project, and idc if they buy his service to be able to use linux..
If you need help to setup linux why not use a trusted member who does a good job, and you give the money to someone who actually deserves it.
Ex. @Gesior.pl who ofc, created gesior.
Or @sn3ejk who is a c++ developer(former tfs dev if I remember correctly)

I can reccomend these 2 without any problems, ive paid gesiors before, and never gotten scammed, both have helped the community ALOT, and atleast I think they deserv some cash just as much as Mark, Elf, Stian etc does.

But ye if you think @dominique120 who joined JAN of 2013, has more knowledge then me who registerd 2008, same with Cornex who joined 2008 aswell. Then buy don's service, you know how to send a pm once you need help, or have gotten tierd his "support".
Lets see if we can get someone who has bought his service to write a small review about the "service"..

Well
Why would I waste my money on that? Id rather like Cornex just offerd, buy someone a good dedi, who has a good map and play on that. Insted of getting that person 1 month with don's service, ive had enough of his service, if you offer smth you should actually do it, its the same as if you go to your supermarket or w/e and lets say you buy meat for 30eurs, but you get a lollipop insted.
I would NEVER tell somone to get smth that I feel isen't worth the money, after all these years on this forum, ive read ALOT about diffrent dedis and diffrent companies.
As I wrote earlier, @Don Daniello 's service might have been good, but when ppl need to ask for help from others, who they aren't paying to get threre server to work, well.. its just wrong..

Idc if he is alone on his project, and idc if they buy his service to be able to use linux..
If you need help to setup linux why not use a trusted member who does a good job, and you give the money to someone who actually deserves it.
Ex. @Gesior.pl who ofc, created gesior.
Or @sn3ejk who is a c++ developer(former tfs dev if I remember correctly)

I can reccomend these 2 without any problems, ive paid gesiors before, and never gotten scammed, both have helped the community ALOT, and atleast I think they deserv some cash just as much as Mark, Elf, Stian etc does.

But ye if you think @dominique120 who joined JAN of 2013, has more knowledge then me who registerd 2008, same with Cornex who joined 2008 aswell. Then buy don's service, you know how to send a pm once you need help, or have gotten tierd his "support".
Lets see if we can get someone who has bought his service to write a small review about the "service"..
I wasn't talking about DDG.. I talked about cheap servers in general.

Well

I wasn't talking about DDG.. I talked about cheap servers in general.

Ive used cheap servers, but what I just said "too good to be true".. And once again, I never said don's servers was bad, they seem to do the trick, but his "support" is not even worth including in the price.
Tbh, I would never buy smth like that, and I will never buy smth that dosen't have good reputation.
Would rather use my home server then buying don's "service"..

And when I confronted don about it, he said smth that his service is more for those who dosen't know lua, ssh(linux) etc. But how does it help to not get any support after that then?...

Ive used cheap servers, but what I just said "too good to be true".. And once again, I never said don's servers was bad, they seem to do the trick, but his "support" is not even worth including in the price.
Tbh, I would never buy smth like that, and I will never buy smth that dosen't have good reputation.
Would rather use my home server then buying don's "service"..

And when I confronted don about it, he said smth that his service is more for those who dosen't know lua, ssh(linux) etc. But how does it help to not get any support after that then?...
Alright lets end it here..

Its good to try new things. ;)

I said new things = something you haven't tried.

Still why try a thing when that thing has only gotten bad reviews? Its just stupid to waste money on smth that to 99.99% will get you disapointed.

Lol, don't waste your project away to let some kid on otland host it on her home PC. I'll catch you on skype and we will solve something out.

Edit: You are offline, send me an message on skype when ever you get online.
OK will write to you ASAP

And everyone else thanks for replying and discussion diffrent companies. However I'm not very experienced with linux so if I want to buy a cheap host there is not alot of options for me. I will try to host this projekt with out sharing my work with any random however if there is no other solution I might consider doing it.

Anyways will look at some VPS/Dedicated servers and try to solve the linux problem.

I'm still up for suggestion so PM me or comment if you have any.

Thanks again
vTune

Hello i have a dedicated server, ddos protected, pm me for more info

@WibbenZ, that was the worst 20 days of my life! No, but I wasn't happy, no support at all. The one I'm using now, server4you, so much better, they respond within the same day and the problem is fixed.

OK will write to you ASAP

And everyone else thanks for replying and discussion diffrent companies. However I'm not very experienced with linux so if I want to buy a cheap host there is not alot of options for me. I will try to host this projekt with out sharing my work with any random however if there is no other solution I might consider doing it.

Anyways will look at some VPS/Dedicated servers and try to solve the linux problem.

I'm still up for suggestion so PM me or comment if you have any.

Thanks again
vTune
Alright, good luck! :D

Hi there.

Are you still looking for a hoster? Please don't mind my post count, I've been around for years and I've forgotten my main account. I haven't worked on OTs in a while, but I'm considering getting back into it. I can prove I'm not going to steal or release your server.

If I like your server I may consider an investment for a dedicated platform.

Let me know your Skype!
Sam

For now Im on hold on this. I've found 2 diffrent solutions so for now I'm not looking for anymore. Thanks everyone anyways! :)

Back