• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map bug | Using sources/configs from different Distros

Davulo

Reaction score
(Edited)
Hey everyone,

~~NEW~~

How to convert from 7.6 to 7.4 map without having the red spots/bugged map??

~~OLD~~Edited to add Solutions~~
I happened to fix this myself but thanks for the help everyone here :)

Code:
I just had this thought, I am not even sure if this can actually work but I hope anyone here could actually help me getting the final result.
My issues is:
Use OpenTibia Server but add Avesta configurations/sources (they are both for the same Tibia version).

--- Moved some files and recompiled, removed the skull system and pvp-enforced, also added exp stages.

Code:
Is there a way I can make that happen? and also make the OTS 0.4.0 be able to read .otbm instead of .otx?
If so, how?
--- To convert .OTX to .OTBM download SimOne map editor (OTMapEditor) and save the map file to .otbm

Note: I know about compiling but I don't even know what compiling is or does. I do know how to compile (thanks to the tutorials here)

Thanks a lot for the help.

~Off-Topic~
PS: Can any mod help me getting back my old account? I still haven't receive the email.
Username: pierroth
Email: [email protected]

Thank you

Last edited:
Which version did you intend to use on your server? It might be hard to just merge in two versions like you're suggesting, the map can be converted with limitations, but I think RME can help you with that (map editor).

Concerning the configuration, I believe there are no major differences with the configuration files through out the versions, are there any special configurations you soley find on Avesta that are missing on the newer OT servers? Other wise I recommend filling out a new configuration file to avoid errors.

What are your final intentions?

Ignazio

Which version did you intend to use on your server? It might be hard to just merge in two versions like you're suggesting, the map can be converted with limitations, but I think RME can help you with that (map editor).

Concerning the configuration, I believe there are no major differences with the configuration files through out the versions, are there any special configurations you soley find on Avesta that are missing on the newer OT servers? Other wise I recommend filling out a new configuration file to avoid errors.

What are your final intentions?

Ignazio

Thanks for the quick response Ignazio.

The final product would be having a newer OTS but with some Avesta configurations. Yes, there are some, I like the config.lua better from Avesta but I would like to change some other things that the other OTS has, and add mysql instead of using .xml for accounts.
Plus, I would like to learn about this, it does seem really complicated but if you or anyone can help me pointing out to tutorials on how to do it I will greatly appreciate it.

About the map, I am using SimOne and REM's map editors but when I convert to older version I get red spots in the map. I tried to fix it with cleaning the map, but then it gave me black spots.

What config options are you looking for that are present in avesta but are not in the version you want to use?

I figure it out after a while, well the Open Tibia version didn't have the stages for exp, I wanted to added it and I also want to remove the Skull.

I have another problem, hopefully you can help me out as well. I've been looking all over the web on how to Convert from 7.6 to 7.4 but when I do, the tiles become red? Is there a way to fix this? or is there a way where I could use a 7.6 map under a 7.4 Tibia version??

PS:
I played around with the map (7.6) I got it to open in RME but it kept giving me an error that the items.otb was outdated, I went ahead and moved the items.otb from my data server, to RME folder. It worked... when I click to convert to 7.4, that's where the red spots/zones pop up.

Back