• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map - Items Issues

Rexanilator

Reaction score
I need some help...I'm trying to upgrade my tfs 0.3.6pl1 to 8.6 so that I can have stacking potions, etc - this is all working fine - but my map still does not allow all items to work properly. Certain walls, doors, etc - from the zao updates do not work and cause the map to be out of whack.

I've tried updating to the latest items files and still am having the same issue. Also cannot seem to create the draken armore and such - even though we are using the 8.6 client and followed all the update information for using Client 8.6.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Rep given to those who help.

Yeah, I've done that...and it doesn't help at all...I used the thread on how to compile your ot for 8.61 and used the items.otb and items.xml from that thread. Something else seems to be missing.

If you want lastest RME to work properly with your server, both OTBs should be the same.
It was stupid of me to post an items.otb which has a different set of IDs than the ones the upcoming version of RME was going to have, but unfortunately that was the only 8.60 OTB at the time.

The solution? Copy the items.otb from RME/data/860/ to server/data/items, change the header, fix the items.xml and the monsters' loot/corpses. And if needed, the IDs of house items, depot items and player items in database.

You change the header by opening it (RME's items.otb) in Notepad(++) or some text editor.

These are the numbers to change:
Code:
OTB 3.[B][COLOR="red"]20[/COLOR][/B].[B][COLOR="red"]20[/COLOR][/B]-8.60
You should change them to the version numbers your current OTB has.

The only items.otb I can get to work on my map (which is saved as client 8.60 under remeres) is the one I downloaded from the thread on compiling your server for 8.61. It shows this: OTB 3.19.19-8.60 When I pull up the otb from RME - and then adjust this under notepad ++ - when I load up the server it says that the otb version is wrong, even though it has been changed to be identical with the one that pulls up with no issues.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here...

I used this to compile the server (tfs 0.3.6pl1) on an Ubuntu dedicated server. http://otland.net/f481/how-make-your-server-client-8-61-tutorial-90537/ The items.otb provided in this thread will work on my server and map, but not the newer items. I took the items.otb from RME and changed it to say OTB 3.20.20-8.60 and then tried OTB 3.19.19-8.60 which is what my items.otb from the above mentioned theread uses, and it gives me a message everytime that the otb is incorrect.

Not sure if part of the problem is in the source code here:

Code:
	else if(Items::dwMinorVersion != 19)
	{
		std::cout << "[Error - Items::loadFromOtb] Another (client) version of items.otb is required." << std::endl;
		return ERROR_INVALID_FORMAT;
	}

Code:
	else if(Items::dwMinorVersion != 19)
	{
		std::cout << "[Error - Items::loadFromOtb] Another (client) version of items.otb is required." << std::endl;
		return ERROR_INVALID_FORMAT;
	}
I never liked that check from items.cpp, I would even suggest people to remove it completely :p

@Cyko
ye it's kinda annoying. It at least be a feature in config to disable the check or enter the otb version there.

Back