• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [Mapping - RME] Houses

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
This picture basically explains everything...

housesm.png

That house is obviously not in Ab'dendriel. What's wrong? :eek:

P.S.
I am not a mapper, I hate RME, don't post if you can't help.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert in this, but isn't this to do with town settings? Open the settings and see if you can do something there :) Also maybe house properties?

Well, tried to help heh

I'm not an expert in this, but isn't this to do with town settings? Open the settings and see if you can do something there :) Also maybe house properties?

Well, tried to help heh

I just looked at the town settings, here is a picture. Everything seems fine...

houses2.png

This is some weird crap...

Maybe I have to "re-arrange" the town's?

Before doing anything , make sure ur RME is closed:

Go to your data/world folder , find the file called "map-house.xml" ("map" will be replaced by ur maps name), and open this file with notepad/wordpad or whatever... Now , do CTRL + F and enter: "Silver Street 4"

You should be taken to the line like this:
<house name="The Highers #1" houseid="1" entryx="1961" entryy="1874" entryz="7" rent="135000" townid="2" size="166"/>

except your line will have the information about that house entered.. Take a look at this part:
townid="2" -- and change it to the corresponding city.

press save , and open rme .. tell me if this helps :p

Go to your data/world folder , find the file called "map-house.xml" ("map" will be replaced by ur maps name), and open this file with notepad/wordpad or whatever... Now , do CTRL + F and enter: "Silver Street 4"

<house name="The Highers #1" houseid="1" entryx="1961" entryy="1874" entryz="7" rent="135000" townid="2" size="166"/>

except your line will have the information about that house entered.. Take a look at this part:

Ah, okay I will try it.

Shouldn't be there option for this im Remere itself? :p Weird...

Well...excuse my language, but WHAT THE FUCK!?
It's probably happening because I am importing the map, because RME is outdated (not 8.7).

nowv.png

May be , may be .. But keep in mind that stuff like spawn positions , spawn names , and house configuration are kept in those files in your world folder: map-spawn.xml and map-house.xml

Even though there is not an option in application , you may search for stuff to fix in there.

@last screenie: same thing happened to me one time .. I'm not certain how I fixed it .. can't recall..
what about your house.xml , you checked it?

May be , may be .. But keep in mind that stuff like spawn positions , spawn names , and house configuration are kept in those files in your world folder: map-spawn.xml and map-house.xml

Even though there is not an option in application , you may search for stuff to fix in there.

@last screenie: same thing happened to me one time .. I'm not certain how I fixed it .. can't recall..
what about your house.xml , you checked it?

It worked, I just reloaded it again...I have to change all house "townid" manually...I hate RME.

Anyways, thank you! Close thread.

Back