• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Message deleted because why not

Fichom

Reaction score
Despite what my profile might say, I actively joined this forum a few days ago.

I posted a message in a thread full of other posts of the same type - asking for help in resolving an error with a procedure that is directly and closely related to the subject of the thread. For some reason, a mod (can't tell who, no way to contact them directly, so here we are) decided to delete my post(s) (there were 2 posted in a few-day interval, since I couldn't edit the 1st one to reduce clutter) asking for help. I broke no rules/guidelines, and as I already mentioned, half of posts in that thread are just people asking for help to resolve bugs/issues that pop up when using the method the thread was created for (so not [General Rule 1] off-topic at all), or discussing how to resolve them. There are also a bunch of screenshots of people's errors, so I'd argue I didn't break the [General Rule 13] either (because, I did have a single image of my error panel posted).

Not sure how much moderating tools the moderators have, but at least he could've told me to make a thread and delete my messages (though, I do wonder, is the policy to open a new thread for every question that pops up a viable strategy), or somehow moved/copied my post. Mind you, it's not like it was a big effort to write, but some human decency, am I right - or if nothing else, let's play by the rules, which if I've comprehended everything correctly, weren't broken (so why take a moderating action). Is there a "newcomers get thrown in a ditch" kind of rule I'm not aware of?