• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mikebadeaux's Mapping thread

mikebadeaux

Mapper
Reaction score
Abandoned Town
mizz0z.jpg

Detailed Rotworm Spawn
2viikop.jpg

My First Cave
jgmmmt.jpg

My First Waterfall
118dhco.jpg

My First Swamp
9u9oqe.jpg

My First Boat With Depot
34y8vt4.jpg

My First 100%raw Map
2ch431i.jpg

My First 100% RAW pond With No autoborder
32zja1e.jpg

Staff meeting room
xlje3m.jpg

Epic Wilderness
10crjuu.jpg

Last edited:
I dont use autoborder
This upcomeing map is 100%raw and no autoborder

Last edited:
@Reasembled
Please show some sympathy i have only been mapping for three days

Last edited:
okay il admit that my mapping is horrible but i have only been mapping for three days
and i hate it when people troll and say i use autoborder when i dont...

maybe you aren't quite clear what autoborder is, press "a" in rme to disable it
you definitely are using it, we can tell 100% by your first pic, see how the grass has mountain borders around the edges (those gray things)? thats from using autoborder
you need to redo all your grounds shapes using RAW

@down
Agreed, an even simpler definition would be to ONLY USE THE RAW PALETTE.
No terrain palette, no doodad.

Last edited:
Using RAW means putting everything one by one, every ground, every border, every bush, every wall.

I did use 100%raw on that "My First 100%raw Map" pic
and i thaught aughtoborder was like mountains...i just disabled autoborder on the "My First 100%raw Map" and this next pic im putting on

It's not illegal to use autoborder. But with some things you just can't use it because it will make square shapes and that looks unnatural. Like grounds and cave walls, if you make this with autoborder, you will always get weird square shapes. But just keep practising and you will get better.

Back