• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Minotaur Language

STiX

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
So I was browsing the Tibia Wiki the other day and noticed a distinct lack of a language for the Minotaurs, when other intelligent monsters such as Bonelords/Beholders and Orcs (maybe not so much the orcs for intelligence) have their own.

Hence the below based upon old Norse!

General:
above: glang
ale: engel
ancestry/lineage: linje
armor: harbunad
arrow: pil
art: kunst
attack: anfal
axe: oks
battle: slag
bed chamber: sengrom
birth: byrd
black: sort
blade: blad
blood: blod
blue: bla
bow: boye
bravery: prakt
brother: bror

Representative Phrases:
Wo dun rad? What is your rank?
Wo dun stomm? What tribe are you from?
Wer dun forer? Who is your leader?
Am du paart. I honor you.
Wer fers dir? Who goes there?
Mooh'Tah er meg nom. My name is Mooh'Tah.
Anfel su uvenir! Attack our enemies!
Fang meg zo dun kong. Lead me to your king.
Wie ferst du? Where are you going?
Am du rad tier fir. I am of the 14th rank.

More here

Feedback welcome.
Hopefully you guys can adapt this into some minotaur taunts, books and maybe some cool NPCs like the Blind Orc!

Those are pure swedish :p

Also blue: bla is almost swedish xD

Those are pure swedish :p

Also blue: bla is almost swedish xD

Code:
battle: slaget
blade: blade
Google translate is your friend :) And as I said Swedish and Deutsch is alot alike.

Code:
battle: slaget
blade: blade
Google translate is your friend :) And as I said Swedish and Deutsch is alot alike.
Google translate? :p I am swedish, so I have to know xD And yes, deutsch and swedish are alot alike :p

Google translate? :p I am swedish, so I have to know xD And yes, deutsch and swedish are alot alike :p
And I am Swedish, what I translated was Deutsch.

Sure but Cipsoft is from Deutschland and not Sweden. As I said they both have alot in commen, but I think they more likely aimed for Deutsch and not Swedish xD
Yeah, that might be true x)

Pretty much everyone above said:
But that's mostly [insert language here]!
Absolutely no doubt a lot of Old Norse language is shared with various current Nordic languages.
Part of the intend of using it, aside from coolness, was so that the phrases can be partially translated by some to help:
  1. Give evidence to players it's a "real" language (as in, it translate to something)
  2. Help with revealing some words to assist in decoding phrases with context, thus natural discovery of the language
Understandably, this may come off as bad spelling or something to some players - but I think the bigger appeal as above outweighs this small negative.

maybe giant spiders should speak chinese
讓我噴你我的蜘蛛網,這讓我興奮

Back