• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monster "absorb" player spell

Swiff

Reaction score
Hello! Monsters can hurt eachother with their AoE spells, I am trying to make a monster that heals it nearby monsters. I've tried puting element resist to above 100 percent but it does nothing.

For example:
This mosnter does ice wave, if another monster stands in it, it will be healed instead of damaged/immune

Is there a simple code for this built in? Or do I need to use some script. I'm requesting some help with this.

Using TFS 0.3.6pl1
From: svn://svn.otland.net/public/forgottenserver/tags/0.3.6pl1

TFS haven't it already. But it's possible in LUA, easly, ofc depend what kind of system you prefer.
You can make an unique spell, which code will be very advanced. But you have to make as many diffrent spell as you need.
Or you can make an creaturescript which is registered to all monsters (ex. If a mosnter attacks other monster with the same name or other monster with specific condition ID with aoe, that 2nd monster will be healed for % of spell's damage.

So, which?
1. Unique spell?
2. Creaturescripts, based on mob's name?
3. Creaturescripts, based on specific condition ID?

Are you an advanced scripter? I haven't much time to write those scripts for you, but I can send you some finished ones. They require a bit of changes to make them work like you want.

Last edited:
So, ofcourse I'd like something that I could apply to several instances. If I am able to do this for this one boss that I specificly need it for, there's nothing stoping me from making another with similar features. It would be a great addition to monster variety overall in any case.

In techicallity, I have this boss that summons stones around him taht do AOE ice damage to players. WHat I want is that the player has to move away from those stones or that same AOE spell will heall the boss for a "considerable" amount. If I'd like to make more of such bosses, which type script should would you recomend?

I am far from an advanced scripter. I barely know the lua language at all. But Through copy/paste parts of scripts I've managed to make some "unique" ones without having to request it:p

Back