• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

(MoonLight Server) ~Birchvale~

Its not a good map, lots of auto bording and noobish doodads
use more raw pallete. Not trolling just critizising

Its not a good map, lots of auto bording and noobish doodads
use more raw pallete. Not trolling just critizising
Using raw palette doesn't make a damn difference. Your still using the SAME items. You people honestly swear everything must be done using the raw palette to be perfect.

Using raw palette doesn't make a damn difference. Your still using the SAME items. You people honestly swear everything must be done using the raw palette to be perfect.

no but most people dont know how to use autoborder corectly and yes is the same items but the difference is one looks better and it doesnt look like 5mins of work

Coolz, that's just not a good argument.
Same items, DIFFERENT SHAPE. Raw shapes are way different and better looking, than Squared Autboarder shapes
It's not the items, It's how you use them

no but most people dont know how to use autoborder corectly and yes is the same items but the difference is one looks better and it doesnt look like 5mins of work
Most people don't know how to use autoborder correctly because nobody ever gives them advice and tips to use it correctly, all you say is "oh autoborder sucks, use the raw palette." That's like me telling eminem "oh your music is lame, use a dictionary and your lyrics will sound much better." Do you see how broad the statement is? When all you say is use the raw palette, you're giving no type of advice for people to work with.
Coolz, that's just not a good argument.
Same items, DIFFERENT SHAPE. Raw shapes are way different and better looking, than Squared Autboarder shapes
It's not the items, It's how you use them
You can start out autobordering, then go back and edit things using the raw palette. But doing everything using the raw palette is a waste of time because you can get the same outcome autobordering + editing.

Yeah, you can if all you want are squarey shapes, the best way to start is RAW.
I agree a little bit tho, I use auto boarder to make some of my mountain shapes.
Anyway ,auto border ain't efficient, since you can't mix grounds with it in a proper way and you have to erase the current border, then add the new one.
I started using auto boarder too, And experience taught me that Raw worked way better.
It's my opinon

the only thing i auto bordered was pretty much just the road~
but i didnt want to use too much thick grass bordering because that goes against the image of the town and how i wanted it to be. sure, i doodaded the grass tufts, but even with that, most of the time i did clear/move some around to look better. anyways, as i said, ive been away from mapping for months, first thing ive done since ages ago now. =x

@Collz, Raw palette does make a lot of difference. I'm sure you know that :)

@thread. Great mapping but yeah. try to use a little bit more Raw here and there :3
Autoborder can be good for certain things I suppose :D

@Collz, Raw palette does make a lot of difference. I'm sure you know that :)

@thread. Great mapping but yeah. try to use a little bit more Raw here and there :3
Autoborder can be good for certain things I suppose :D
Really doesn't make a great difference. Majority of my maps I start autobording, then edit using raw palette. It all depends on how great of a mapper you are.

Agree with Collz. Just don't be that rude while posting on someone else's thread. makes you look retarded.
It's not a bad map... It's a decent map, not the greatest, but decent.
It can improve a lot

Guys stop arguing about autobordering or raw, this isn't the correct thread.

@Topic
I liked all the pictures but the roads could you some better shaping, also the desert part seems a bit empty, will be waiting for more screenshots.

Back