• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux My Server Down! Tfs 0.3.7 Rev5916

Vrotz

Reaction score
Hello!

My server down today without explanations or error in console!

Someone can talk about anyone command to linux dont kill a file named tfs?!

I think is..

Fast please, tks brahs

Last edited:
I think he means that in ubuntu his process keeps getting killed before he can read the console for any errors, so he is asking if there are any scripts around that forces the console to stay open even on crash instead of an instant close so he can find out the cause.

Log the console output by adding a "" >> output.log" to the end of the command you use to start TFS.

For example:

Code:
./tfs >> output.log

Now you should have a file called output.log with everything that appears in the console, even after the server is shut down.

Also, there are some alternatives:
1. You can run it in GDB then run a back trace to determine the problem
2. The OS is killing it because it us using to much memory.

Log the console output by adding a "" >> output.log" to the end of the command you use to start TFS.

For example:

Code:
./tfs >> output.log

Now you should have a file called output.log with everything that appears in the console, even after the server is shut down.

Also, there are some alternatives:
1. You can run it in GDB then run a back trace to determine the problem
2. The OS is killing it because it us using to much memory.

I think the OS are killing it because it are using to much memory. How I do to OS dont kill my process? Disabled that!?

Its probably a kernel feature I dont know how to disable it, and its best not do disable it because your entire server(computer) will suffer because of it.

Yes probably, how much do you have? You should try running TFS like I said before(./tfs >> out)to see if you get a message about memory usage. If you get nothing try the debugger like I said in the PM.

Back