• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Showoff Thread | Project | 2011!

It's quite RPG'ish but alittle boring, the mountain is too squared

@warlock and undead dragon: fugly carpet in the first picture and at the second picture you should've filled that one sqm every time with mountain and leave the wall out there
@the last: ugly mountains, to straight and idk, something missing

Why do I like your mapping a lot more than most?
Because it's not crowded and narrow.
So many people I see mapping now just focus on making it look nice with a ton of details and stuff that just block your way. But what I believe in is simplicity and playability. It's annoying to see bridges/roads/caves/buildings that are like only squares in width. It really sucks. Sure it looks amazing, but not for playing.
But you, I love your work so far! Keep it up! :)

tCWv9.png
Your mag lvl seems to suck really hard!

Why do I like your mapping a lot more than most?
Because it's not crowded and narrow.
So many people I see mapping now just focus on making it look nice with a ton of details and stuff that just block your way. But what I believe in is simplicity and playability. It's annoying to see bridges/roads/caves/buildings that are like only squares in width. It really sucks. Sure it looks amazing, but not for playing.
But you, I love your work so far! Keep it up! :)

Your opinion is good, but this bold text...
People that map with much details and stuff maps in a artistic way. (Mapping is an art)

There is 2 ways of mapping, often called "Showoff and RPG-Style"

The mappers that makes showoff often just map because they enjoy mapping and create art. (Me as an example)
The other "RPG" mappers, often use their mapping for projects, that's when we get to "less details".
The mappers that maps for a project often maps with less details because lazyness. I mean, not lazyness, but it takes really much time to make a whole map in just "Showoff" mapping.

But onTopic;
I like the mapping, though I think you should put abit more effort into the details.

People that map with much details and stuff maps in a artistic way. (Mapping is an art)

The mappers that makes showoff often just map because they enjoy mapping and create art. (Me as an example)
The other "RPG" mappers, often use their mapping for projects, that's when we get to "less details".
The mappers that maps for a project often maps with less details because lazyness. I mean, not lazyness, but it takes really much time to make a whole map in just "Showoff" mapping.

But onTopic;
I like the mapping, though I think you should put abit more effort into the details.

Yeah, I understand that, I should have typed that in because I did have that in mind. I know it's just for show off =P
And actually, I'm not going to say you're wrong in saying that showoff takes more time than rpg maps, because showoff is usually just put into a small mapping piece, whereas rpg mapping is worked on on a bigger scale (a bigger map). So what work goes into detail for the 'art' mapping, that work goes into producing more areas or bigger caves, dungeons, etc. In a nutshell, 'art' is small, 'rpg' is big. I hope you get what I mean.

But onTopic;

I try to combine RPG with details.. How dare you call me lazy!!!!

Back