• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ MySQL errors

ShadowProwl

Reaction score
I get these errors on console every few days. Can someone explain what they are and how to fix them?

Should I be concerned about any of them?

SQL:
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: SELECT `reason`, `expires_at`, (SELECT `name` FROM `players` WHERE `id` = `banned_by`) AS `name` FROM `ip_bans` WHERE `ip` = 1232182724

[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: SELECT `reason`, `expires_at`, (SELECT `name` FROM `players` WHERE `id` = `banned_by`) AS `name` FROM `ip_bans` WHERE `ip` = 1232182724
Message: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1:3306' (111)

SQL:
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: UPDATE `account_viplist` SET `description` = 'D\ödade not vid intenterancex15', `icon` = 2, `notify` = 0 WHERE `account_id` = 15 AND `player_id` = 36
Message: Incorrect string value: '\xF6dade ...' for column 'description' at row 1

SQL:
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: SELECT `id`, `name`, `password`, `secret`, `type`, `premium_ends_at` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = '¿profesional'
Message: Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb3_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

[Error - mysql_store_result] Query: SELECT `id`, `name`, `password`, `secret`, `type`, `premium_ends_at` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = '¿profesional'
Message: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now

SQL:
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: SELECT `value` FROM `global_storage` WHERE `key` = 50000

SQL:
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: SELECT `id`, `name`, `password`, `secret`, `type`, `premium_ends_at` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = 'coring'
Message: Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb3_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

[Error - mysql_store_result] Query: SELECT `id`, `name`, `password`, `secret`, `type`, `premium_ends_at` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = 'coring'
Message: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now

@ShadowProwl I believe this commit will fix the issue, but I have yet to try it. Perform gameworld authentication using character ID (#4366) · otland/forgottenserver@6028b5d (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/6028b5d69a48664104842b070dc52bea71fef261)
Post automatically merged:

I think you might also have to implement some of the string_view logic as well or adapt it to your version. So it could require a bit of know-how in the C++ department

I'm like 99 percent sure it will fix it though

If it does, please come back and mark my answer as the solution, this helps others who are using 1.4.2 and come across this issue to fix it as well.

I have now tried that commit, it indeed does fix this problem, however to use the code, you must have a portion of this commit as well

The only part of that commit needed is the additional "addTask" definitions in tasks.h

So basically, add the commit I mentioned before, and then to fix the error with the "task" add these two lines to tasks.h

and then the problem is solved.

PS. You can find the exact changes I made for this fix on Black Tek Server here

Back