• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Need a team for Dragonrealm project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venn

Reaction score
Hello.
Dragonrealm is a project based on the popular The Dragonrealm Series by Richard Knaak.

Prelude
Throughout ancient history and the passing of time, it had long been told that he would return, and the legend of his kind has not been seen amongst gentle folk for centuries, his name was [...] and he was a Dragon Hunter. Some had said that he was once a powerful mage, others said that he must of had a far darker past, so now only those brave at heart shall enter.
The Dragon's Realm ... for all your treasures long forgotten from not such a distant past.

So what need to do ?
We want to keep the story, recreate the map, and do professions like that founded in the story.

Futures:
# Custom & Dual Vocation System [In progress 0%]
# Story [In progress 100%]
# Unique Spell System [In progress 0%]
# Special Ability System [In progress 0%]
# Custom Map [In progress 0%]
# Custom Quest [In progress 0%]
# Custom NPC [In progress 0%]
# Alchemy System [In progress 0%]
# anyothers your ideas [In progress 0%]

Races
Dwarf
The Dwarf figurine speaks: "From the bones of the earth did the gods form us, the Dwarves, children of the mountains and the hardiest of all the sentient creations. What we lack in agility and height we make up for in strength and stamina. We are steadfast, enduring, and fatigue rarely troubles us. The earth cradles us; it is where we prefer to make our homes. When we set ourselves on a path none can sway us -- other than ourselves."

You regard the form of the Dwarf figurine. Short and wide, a long beard descends from its face in many curls and braids. The eyes regard you unflinchingly, without fear or regret. Strength and power reside in this form.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 8, Reflex: 12, Agility: 12, Charisma: 12, Discipline: 8, Wisdom: 10, Intelligence: 10, Stamina: 8
# TDP Bonus Cost: -1 to discipline and stamina
# TDP Penalty Cost: +1 to reflex and agility

Elf
The Elf figurine speaks in a voice light in tone, yet deep with age and wisdom: "Elven am I. Not as bulky as the Dwarves and not as strong as the Humans, but faster than both and smarter. Speed and agility are ours, both in the mind and the body. We are children of the living world: all the sides of nature define us, from the hard beauty of the snowy wastes in the mountains to the lush silence of the deepest, darkest forests. When all the other races have dwindled and died, the light of the Elvenkind will remain."

You regard the Elven form: A shade taller than the Human, it is willowy and graceful, aesthetically pleasing. The eyes sparkle with light-hearted joy, and a civilized air surrounds the Elf, a vital aura of age and refinement.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 8, Reflex: 12, Agility: 12, Charisma: 12, Discipline: 8, Wisdom: 10, Intelligence: 10, Stamina: 8
# TDP Bonus Cost: -1 to reflex, agility and charisma
# TDP Penalty Cost: +1 to strength, discipline and stamina

Elothean
The Elothean figurine begins to speak, words soft and serene: "I am Elothean. Some call us half-Human or half-Elven, but our religions tell us the truth. From the thought of the gods was our race born, and though others would want it otherwise, we remain their favored children. Our will is powerful, our skills in magic and knowledge the most exalted of all the races. We are agile when needed but we prefer to use our minds instead of force. Our paths are the ways of magic, scholarship, and lore. Calm and studied are we, neither hasting or wasting, we pursue our goals logically and skillfully."

The Elothean stands tall and thin with large eyes that drink in every detail, examining you, weighing you, appraising you, knowing more about you, perhaps, than you yourself know. There is a sense of control about this one. A sense of well-managed power.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 8, Reflex: 12, Agility: 10, Charisma: 10, Discipline: 10, Wisdom: 12, Intelligence: 12, Stamina: 6
# TDP Bonus Cost: -1 to reflex, wisdom and intelligence
# TDP Penalty Cost: +2 to stamina, +1 to strength

Gnome
The figure speaks in a clear, light voice: "I am a Gnome, perhaps one of the smallest of all that the gods ever created, but definitely the fastest, lightest, and the most nimble. Invention is my genius, but it is not my only skill. Let the others bash their heads against the world trying to make it do what it wants -- we know the truth. Gnomes manipulate rather than force, persuade instead of pummel. If you want to undo a knot by hacking it to death, get a 'Tog. If you want it unraveled, get a Gnome."

You regard the small Gnome. Tiny in comparison to a Human or Kaldar, it is a shade shorter than the Halfling with an exuberance similar to that race, except that in the place of overbearing bubbliness is a razor-keen wit. The Gnome's ears are slightly pointed, and its fingers are constantly twitching, as if it were eager to be doing something.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 4, Reflex: 14, Agility: 12, Charisma: 10, Discipline: 10, Wisdom: 10, Intelligence: 14, Stamina: 6
# TDP Bonus Cost: -2 to reflex and intelligence, -1 to agility
# TDP Penalty Cost: +3 to strength, +2 to stamina

Gor'Tog
For a moment, nothing appears to happen. Then, slowly, the Gor'Tog figurine begins to speak in a deep rumbling voice, the words carefully chosen: "I am Gor'Tog. Gor'Tog is strength. Gor'Tog is endurance. Gor'Tog needs not magic or cleverness, Gor'Tog has much trust in self. Elven are faster, but Gor'Tog does not need fast, Gor'Tog has might. Dwarven are strong but Gor'Tog is stronger. Halfling is clever but Gor'Tog finds the straight way, no need for tricks."

You gaze at this slow-worded being. Tall and well-muscled, dark green skin covers a massive, hairless frame. Dark eyes look out, lacking sparkle perhaps, but forthright and true in many ways. Like an enduring oak tree or massive boulder, the Gor'Tog radiates a sense of solidity and permanence.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 16, Reflex: 8, Agility: 10, Charisma: 10, Discipline: 10, Wisdom: 6, Intelligence: 6, Stamina: 14
# TDP Bonus Cost: -3 to strength, -2 to stamina
# TDP Penalty Cost: +2 to wisdom and intelligence, +1 to reflex

Halfling
The Halfling figurine speaks, a bubbly, high-toned voice that is overrun with jovial humor. "Clever Halfling am I! Strength I have not, and height I have not, and really, I'm not all that skilled in magic -- but clever, clever, clever is this one! We are the curious, the ingenious, the solver of riddles! Always have we an eye on the humor in things, for life is too short to be spent on brooding! Lanival gave all the lands to us, so all places are ours. Our curiosity untangles the knots that bind and finds that which is not yet lost. What we lack in power and height we make up with skill and accuracy and dexterity."

Though short -- half the size of the Human and smaller than the Dwarves -- the Halfling radiates a confidence, merriment, and awareness of the world that makes up for size. Bright eyes twinkle with suppressed laughter.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 6, Reflex: 12, Agility: 14, Charisma: 10, Discipline: 8, Wisdom: 8, Intelligence: 10, Stamina: 12
# TDP Bonus Cost: -2 to agility, -1 to reflex and stamina
# TDP Penalty Cost: +2 to strength, +1 to discipline and wisdom

Human
The figure speaks: "I am Human, the middle road of the races. We have the potential for skill in all things, though the others may best us in one or another. We are less strong than some and not as fast as others, yet our kind prospers. For while we may lack some of the advantages of the others, we also lack their disadavantages...."

You regard the form of the Human figurine. Of moderate height; shorter than the Gor'Tog and Kaldar, but taller than Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes. Almost the center of all the possible variations you see before you are in this Human form.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: all Stats at 10
# TDP Bonus Cost: None
# TDP Penalty Cost: None

Kaldar
The figure chuckles as you gaze at it. "I am a Kaldar, though some consider me little more than a glorified Human. Obviously the originator of such thought was probably him- or herself a Human who was jealous of my strength and stamina. Humans may be diverse, but in combat they cannot hope to best a Kaldar. We are terrible to behold in battle, having been weaned on it since childhood. Cities cannot hold us -- we laugh at the storm and sneer at those who would shiver behind walls during the winter. If you want to be raised soft or waggle your fingers at every shadow that makes you whimper, be born a Human or an Elf. If you want strength and determination, choose me!"

An aura of mystery surrounds this tall, limber figure. While at first glance it seems little more than Human on a grand scale, the Kaldar is endowed with a stalwart spirit that reminds you more of the Dwarves. Sardonic humor lurks in its eyes, coupled with a sense of determination and unfaltering will.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 12, Reflex: 10, Agility: 10, Charisma: 12, Discipline: 10, Wisdom: 8, Intelligence: 8, Stamina: 10
# TDP Bonus Cost: -1 to strength and charisma
# TDP Penalty Cost: +1 to wisdom and intelligence

Prydaen
With a yawn, the figure stretches and rolls its head fluidly to the left to regard you. It purrs out, "Prydaen am I, the proudest and most graceful of all. Unwavering and fearless, I fight for what is mine...which is, of course, everything. My reflexes are by far the best of all the races, and I am certainly the most beautiful. Not brutishly strong, but then, what's strength if you can't hit anything? Magic is within my grasp, though I excel at the fighting arts. I hunt and stalk in the darkness, my footfalls soft and sure. When alone, I am the happiest."

The Prydaen is about the same height as a Human with short, smooth fur covering its body that you at first mistake for skin. Bright, inquisitive slitted eyes peer out at you, and the Prydaen's pointed and tufted ears are always twitching, as is its long tail. The glint of claws draws your eyes to its hands, but not for long. Raising your head to meet the Prydaen's gaze, you find it hard to hold, and eventually look away, the Prydaen's fixed smile silently laughing at you.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 10, Reflex: 14, Agility: 10, Charisma: 12, Discipline: 8, Wisdom: 6, Intelligence: 10, Stamina: 10
# TDP Bonus Cost: -2 to reflex, -1 to charisma
# TDP Penalty Cost: +2 to wisdom, +1 to discipline

Rakash
A deep, growling voice emits from the figure: "Rakash I am, the hunter who is happiest when she is with her pack. We live for the family, fight for the family, die for the family. No king can break us up, no god can destroy us. In ones and twos we may sometimes travel, but our happiness is complete when we are. The other races try to understand us, but cannot, for in their minds they are examining us in the singular. We discovered the truth long ago when we learned that we are strongest when united. Strength have I, and endurance, and speed. Whether I hunt with steel or with spell, all that matters is that I do what I do for the pack!"

The Rakash is of moderate height and seems to shift between a humanoid with a furry coat and a short snout and a Human with deep, soulful eyes. Both forms gaze at you with a combination of strength and loyalty, and there is a down-to-earth sensibility about this race present in only a few of the others. In its half-Human form, a short tail sweeps down behind the Rakash, stopping just short of the ground it stands on, and its ears are tall and curved, constantly twitching at the smallest sounds.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 10, Reflex: 12, Agility: 8, Charisma: 10, Discipline: 12, Wisdom: 8, Intelligence: 6, Stamina: 14
# TDP Bonus Cost: -1 to reflex and discipline, -2 to stamina
# TDP Penalty Cost: +1 to wisdom and agility, +2 to intelligence

S'Kra Mur
The S'Kra Mur figurine opens hooded eyes and gazes at you. A sibilant voice issues forth: "I am of the S'Kra Mur. We are the ssserpent folk. While we have two arms, two legs, a torso, and a head like any of other races, our smile is the serpent's smile, our scales the serpent's scales, and our eyes the serpent's eyes. We strike like the snake with its agility and grace, and calculate our moves with the cold method that resides in our very blood. We are dangerous to encounter, and even more dangerous to cross."

The S'Kra Mur stands tall and lithe, cold skin glistening with a faint tracery of scales. Slitted pupils slash its eyes down the middle and a short tail curls restlessly behind it. A chill presence lurks within its gaze, at once vaguely repulsive and strangely hypnotic.
Code:
# Beginning Stats: Strength: 12, Reflex: 12, Agility: 10, Charisma: 10, Discipline: 10, Wisdom: 8, Intelligence: 8, Stamina: 10
    # TDP Bonus Cost: -1 to reflex and strength
    # TDP Penalty Cost: +1 to wisdom and intelligence

To join the project need to read the series dragonrealm.
Knowledge of the plot is needed.
Application Example:
Name: [...]
Job: [...]
Knowledge: [...]
Work Done: [...]
Contact / Msn: [...]
Available Time: [...]
Read: yes/no

Mapper [1/3]
Scripter [1/3]
Web designer [0/2]
Hoster [1/1]
Story writer [1/1]
Logo maker [1/3]
[c++] [0/?]

Pattern of maps is redy. also all of spots to.
Map Pattern Example.
overall.jpg

2d6v79g.gif

Last edited:
Attributes

Each character in DR has eight attributes associated with them, which are initially chosen at character creation time through random rolls. After these initial attributes are set, you can add to each of them through the use of TDPs, which is also discussed here.

Strength
Strength is used to determine a number of things in game, most notably maximum burden, damage, and weapon round times. In the case of burden, strength is the primary factor, with stamina and discipline also playing a part in determining the maximum you can carry for each stage of burden. Strength's role in damage and round time are generally balanced with agility and are heavily weapon dependent, but the general rule is that the more strength you have, the more damage potential. It also plays a part in some physical activities, such as swimming and dragging.

Reflex
Reflexes are mostly helpful as a bonus to evasion. There aren't a lot of other practical uses for the attribute.

Agility
Agility plays a large role in determining damage and hit average while hunting. The higher the agility, the more likely you are to strike a target. (Of course weapon ranks are more important.) Agility is also helps with the targeted magic, skinning and disarming skills. There seem to be a number of other places where agility plays a factor, though it's not obvious just how much, such as in shifting.

Charisma
Charisma's an often neglected attribute, and for quite a while deservedly so. Now, charisma does help in a number of practical ways, such as increasing your spirit help, which directly increase the amount of time it takes before you auto-depart. Supposedly it also helps in a number of magical spells, but it would seem it mostly impacts PvP situations. Additionally, you can barter for lower prices with shopkeepers and there are rumors that it increase critter box drop rates. For Traders, the spell has the added benefit of helping with the values you get for selling gem pouches. Empaths will find that this also helps in shifting.

Discipline
Discipline helps in the learning process by prolonging the length of time you can learn before your overall mindstate worsens. It also plays a small part in increasing your learning pool size and is used in very small part to determine burden.

Wisdom and Intelligence
Wisdom and intelligence really only have practical applications in learning, though there are some small gains in spellcasting.

Stamina
Stamina is the driving attribute behind how much total damage you can take. It's directly responsible for your 'hit points.' (For lack of a better term.) It's also a large factor in determining burden and how long before you become fatigued in things like combat and swimming. There also seems to be a direct correlation between your stamina and the ability to fight off disease and infections.

Other Stats

Concentration
Concentration is used to determine how long you can concentrate on certain tasks, most notably thief Khris and magic. Runestones in particular seem to use concentration, which can be noticeable at low levels. Concentration is determined as:
(discipline * 3) + (intelligence * 1.5) + stamina

TDPs
TDPs, or Time Development Points, are used to increase attributes. Formula for figuring out the cost of raising an attribute is:
(current attribute x 3) + (racial TDP cost x current attribute / 2)
The Racial TDP cost being anything from -3 to +3 (with -3 being easier to train.)

TDP accrual is somewhat less than obvious, however. Each character basically has a pool that needs to be filled up in order to gain a TDP. This pool keeps track of every rank that you gain in a skill and adds that number into it. For instance, if you just got your 50th rank in skinning (and assuming your pool was completely empty) you would now have 50 points in this pool. Every time this pool reaches 200, you gain one TDP. The pool does not reset, so if you were to gain 110 in foraging and 110 in swimming, you would now have one tdp and 20 points in the pool. There is no way to check this pool in game and is not considered knowledge a character would ever have.

You also gain TDPs each circle, though how many you gain is to some degree, still a small mystery. It would seem there is a point at which you stop gaining 50 + circle TDPs and start to gain 100 + circle TDPs.

Magic
* Analogous Patterns
The spells in the Analogous Patterns Spellbook can be learned and used by any magic-using guild.
There are only three currently, one of which is now a scroll spell.
Notes: Energy Bolt and Strange Arrow are both offensive targeted spells that will cause shock to Empaths.
* Cambrinth
Cambrinth is a metal substance that has the property to store mana for a limited time. The amount of mana that any given cambrinth item can hold is usually based on its type. For instance, a ring will hold a little mana while an orb made out of cambrinth will hold a large amount.
Cambrinth can only be used for one type of mana. So if you are a Ranger or an Empath and wish to use a cambrinth ring you can only use one that is uncharged or previously charged with Life mana. Warrior Mages and Bards must use Elementally charged cambrinth while a Moon Mage must use Lunar charged cambrinth. Paladins and Clerics both use Holy charged cambrinth.
* Mana Levels
Power perception is an often overlooked but extremely essential part of magic. The more power perception skill you have, the more mana you'll see and thus the more you'll be able to cast. Around 100 ranks, you'll start to draw mana from surrounding areas greatly increasing the mana you'll have available to you to cast.
* Runestones
A runestones is a magical device containing a spell that can be cast without prior knowledge of the spell or even the magic type. To use one, you should focus <runestone> to figure out the type of rune it is, then you can rub <runestone > to get the spell into your mind before casting it. You may need to focus <runestone> 100 to charge it before rubbing it and casting the spell. Runestones tend to wear out over time, so you'll only get a few uses out of them before they crumble to dust, but they're also relatively easy to find, as critters drop them and several stores, including the artificer in Shard, sell them. They're also an excellent, if not essential, method of learning your primary magic until you can cast spells of your own.
* Scrolls
Scrolls are magical items that let you temporarily memorize a spell by invoking it. Invoking a spell will use up the scroll upon which it is written. The spell will remain memorized as long as you maintain enough harness and do not die.
Skills and Trades
* Boxes and Disarming
The method for opening boxes (strongboxes, boxes, chests, trunks, skippets, caddies) is a now complicated one with several things worth noting.
* Embroidery
Embroidery allows for the modification of simple items with 'patterns,' much like the embroiderer on Ratha. You can turn a pouch into something more interesting, like a vest beautifully embroidered with a wolf pattern in yellow thread. The skill itself has been mostly designed with traders in mind, but anyone is free to practice it assuming that they have at least 20 ranks of scholarship in order to read a pattern. In addition to teaching and requiring mechanical lore, using STUDY on patterns teaches scholarship at a supplementary level.
Note: The timer associated with learning scholarship from patterns is fairly long and you're only able to memorize one pattern at a time, so it should not be considered a good long term solution for locking the skill.
* Fishing
Fishing Items
* Fletching and Bows
One of the nice points about learning how to shoot a bow is the ability to make your own bows and arrows. This process is called "fletching," which comes from the process of attaching the feather flights to the shaft of an arrow.
* Tanning
Tanning is the term that covers the manufacture of clothing, armor, and other articles from animal products such as hides or pelts.
* Forging
The purpose of this document is to give an overview of the forging process, but isn't an exhaustive study on the subject. There won't be any 'real' mixes listed here even though some are well known.

Last edited:
I mean with need team:

Mapper [1/3]
Scripter [1/3]
Web designer [0/2]
Hoster [1/1]
Story writer [1/1]
Logo maker [1/3]
[c++] [0/?]

you can be more then once of that.

Last edited:
Status