• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fare, you must remove the cap from bolts or arrow, bcus they are heavy :S 50.0 oz

or just let us 1 one of each item and not 100 at same time

Okay, I'll check this issue on next patch.

hey can I ask you wich distro you use?

TFS, somewhere near 4500 rev, but it was a base source which I used like year ago, a lot of changes were made since then.

Server is just amazing and getting better every week.

Finally patch v0.7 is out. Thats our last BIG patch, as I will try to release more minor patches, so we will have updates once per 2-4 days instead of 6-8. Nothing more to say, here are patch notes:

• Archers passive now giving flat damage reduction instead of dodge and repelling bonus. Damage reduction is level-based, nearly 1% of damage for each 25 levels, maxed on level 300.
  • NPC Elizabeth now offering more tasks for newcomers(level 1-100).
  • New ammunition types for archers: Piercing bolts and Sniper arrows. Can be obtained in east city depot.
  • Fixed premium scroll bug, now it properly displaying days on scroll.
  • New monster: Green Djinn[L.120]. Location: Pirates island.
  • Oriental outfit and addons are ingame.
  • New monster: Green Dragons[L.300]. Location: south-east from priestess spawn. [Woho, didn't noticed I'm adding 2x 'Green' monsters XD]
  • New monster: Gigantica[L.100]. Location: Somewhere near Orc Fortess. [This one is not green!]
  • New jewerly items are ingame!
  • Fixed guildwars, now it ignores pvp protection and walkstacking if you're in war.
  • Finally fixed guardian angel item, now there are 3 types of guardian angel armors, for every vocation with their own armor/resist values(but now they are weaker than grade 3 armor, because of passive ability). Every player who is wearing guardian angel armor, will be warned with instructions how to make their armor fixed. Also its possible to use armor and resist ability stones on guardian angel since now.
  • Added warmaster outfit and addons ingame.
  • Now its possible to get married in the world of Ascalon! In case you're interested, search for NPC Priest in the east-city.
  • Now trainers taking exactly 1 soul per 1 minute(not 5 for 5).
  • Premium players got increased soul limit(200 souls instead of 100).
  • You dont need to kill creatures anymore to gain souls. Everyone is regenerating souls just by stayingwalking outside of protection zone <3
  • Rewrote Surviving event a bit, to make it more dynamic and fair for players.
  • Skulled monsters got a bit nerfed damage, also increased their health and lootrate for decent amount. Overall nerf for skulled monsters of level 200+.
  • Its possible to start talking with NPC's by clicking on them(like you attack someone).
  • Only 2 Pking licences can be used per 24 hours by now, as we noticed a lot of random and POINTLESS pking(like level 200 killing some level 30 guy).
  • Fixed a lot of bugs(stuck people in event area, alchemist scepter, logout issue, skulled players are not walkable anymore, fixed monsters bug when they were wrongly pushing items from their path, a lot of minor things).
  • Exana mort healing rate was lowered a bit.
  • Minor increasing of damage for 240 level knights and archers aoe spell.
  • Grade 1 and grade 2 melee weapons can be used on itself, to change weapon type(sword to club, club to axe, etc.)
  • We added simply pvp arena where you can fight without losses, mostly for mini-events and testing for now, but going to continue develop it in next patches.

Ability stones changes(my lovely part <3):

• Health and Mana ability stones now also provides increasing of healing and mana restoring effects. Health stones adds 2% of maximum health and increasing healing effects(potions, spells) for 25% of bonus health amount(0.30% for archers). Mana stones adds 2% of maximum mana and increasing mana restoring effects(potions) for 10% of bonus mana amount(30% for archers spirit potion restore).
  • Dodge and Repelling ability stones now adds 3% of dodge or repelling, instead of 2%.
  • Armor and Resist ability stones... We are lowering amount of armor and resist gained by upgrading an item, since now you gaining (grade + 1) amount of armor and resist for each item upgrade(was like 10/6/3 armor and resist for each upgrade on grade 4 item, not it going to be 5 armor and resist). Ability stones of armor and resistance are not more vocation based, they provide you with flat amount of arm or resist per stone(grade * 3). Some mathcraft; Knight's grade 4 armor got 40 base armor, with 3 upgrades it will be 55 armor(was 70), with 3 armor stones it will be 91 armor(was 100). Mage's grade 4 armor got only 15 base armor, 3 times upgraded it will be 30 arm(was 24), if some mage going to use armor stones, it will be up to 66 armor per item(was 35).
  • We are also lowering amount of attack damage you gaining by upgrading item. Previously it were 8/16/32/32 attack for each upgrade(grade 1/grade 2/grade 3/grade 4). This way, weapons damage was too much based on upgrading, there were not point to use fresh looted G4 weapon, as you had your G3 weapon upgraded. Now you gaining (5 * grade) amount of attack for each upgrade, so 5/10/15/20 now.
  • Sharpness gems damage bonus lowered to 10%(from 15%). Simply because everyone was using only sharpness gems, as 3 gems were providing you 45% of bonus damage, while for example 3 critical stones give nearly 24% increasing dps. Now using 3x sharpness gems will give you ~30% increase of your DPS, but using critical stone provide you chance for combo.(also with latest changes we got much more stones combinations)
  • Lesser gems of sharpness giving you FLAT 15 attack damage now for each stone. Why? We wanted lesser sharpness gems to be used for newcomers, but those 7% were nothing for their low graded weapons. Now Lesser sharpness is usefull for g1 and g2 weapons, but you rather go Sharpness gems on g3 weapon.
  • Okay, good news now...attack value modificators were raised for knights and archers, as their weapons damages were lowered. Now archers going to hit average between of 50%-140% from weapons base damage(were 50%-100%), Knight damage going to be 40%-120% from weapons damage(from 40%-100%), so actually their MAX damage will be nearly same, but now its more depends on weapon itself, not on how much times its upgraded.
  • Stun Stones now providing 8% chance to stun enemy for 1 second(was 5% and 0.5 seconds).
  • LifeSteal stones providing 20% lifesteal(was 10%). If they are being used by mage, they are recovering mana instead of health.

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Thanks for reading :D

I tried this server and I didn't like it sorry. The concept is pretty cool, but imo it was failed to be implemented in a way it encourages people to play.

Is it possible to speak with you?

I'm usually online ingame or you can always add me to msn: [email protected]

Ye it's kinda imbalanced :/

Imo thats not a good point, I am sure that you played server at start, we had a lot of balance changes since then, I dont really think that server is unbalanced atm.

I tried this server and I didn't like it sorry. The concept is pretty cool, but imo it was failed to be implemented in a way it encourages people to play.

Can you explain more specific? I don't get the "was failed to be implemented in a way it encourages people to play" part...

I find this an very good otserver, very enjoyable, fun, the only downside is that you've got very few spells as mage being.. I been stuck with 2 offensive single target spells for 55 lvls now, and a wave thats weak as hell :p Costing 250 mana, and hitting quite a bit lower then our very low mana single target spell o_O

I'd love to see some changes for a low(er) lvl mage

Edit: Ive been training my ml lately. Started with ml 29, now I've got ml 54.. And honestly, I dont see ANY increase in our healing, and a very slight or no increase in our spell damage. Would be nice to see ML having more effect on our healing/damage. Yet thats just my opinion ^^

Thanks,
Broertje

I for instance, find that vocations became balanced now. Archers are single target damage makers, mages have their insane AoE to gain levels and knights are simply very strong tankers. It is very balanced.

Though, I do agree about the magic level thing but it can be fixed easily by the next patch.

You know, this server is just awesome. All what is left for this server to be literally THE BEST is that some more people would join and guild wars would start other than that the server is very good.

I find this an very good otserver, very enjoyable, fun, the only downside is that you've got very few spells as mage being.. I been stuck with 2 offensive single target spells for 55 lvls now, and a wave thats weak as hell :p Costing 250 mana, and hitting quite a bit lower then our very low mana single target spell o_O

I'd love to see some changes for a low(er) lvl mage

Edit: Ive been training my ml lately. Started with ml 29, now I've got ml 54.. And honestly, I dont see ANY increase in our healing, and a very slight or no increase in our spell damage. Would be nice to see ML having more effect on our healing/damage. Yet thats just my opinion ^^

Thanks,
Broertje

Your healing issue is simply because the Mage class isn't designed to heal. They will always have weak healing as we are planning on implementing a new healing vocation in the future :)

Thanks for the answers, I've spoken to u ingame Enx :p

Free bump for such nice server :)

Well, as promised, today is fresh patch.

This patch we releasing our checkpoints system.

• How it works?
    There is a teleporter in temple, which allow you to get teleported to a special zones, called checkpoints. Once you step into teleporter, list with checkpoints you have achieved will be opened, so you can choose witch checkpoint you want to be teleported to.
  • How do i achieve checkpoints?
    There are special areas on map with 'C-Point' popups, you just need to stand on that tile once and your checkpoint will be achived for future use. Right now there are over 20 checkpoints all over the map, few of them can be used only by premium account players.

Minor changes:

• New monster: Serpent Spawn[L.180]. Location: A ship somewhere near Zombies cave.
  • New unique spells: Every vocation receiving a new spell which can be obtained by doing a quest. You can watch more info about this spell in library.
  • Piece of energy is now less expensive(1 ET for 5 energy pieces).

Well, I'm not going to list other features we added, you will notice them ingame, as a lot of fixes and improvements were released(specially for surviving event and guild wars).
cpoints.jpg

in my opinion: mages should have more spells to use, they got like 14 spells while archers who need much less spells got 13 also , so to balance it out a bit more i would give the mages some more spells, cause its pretty boring as a lvl 70 mages just shooting one spell all the time, instead u could make a aoe, but not a wave. to make the lvling go a but faster or making it a bit more fun

Post spell ideas on Ascalon's forum :) Cuz well, making same damage spells with different effects is kinda pointless, and making stronger spells will bring unbalance, so spells should be kind unique, like those which were released today. Imho

Lovely server, never waited that it should had that much to do. :D

Just great, only thing i can think of is more events!
Found out that you have used some of my old ideas, or maybe you came up with themself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.