• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

I'd rather focus on fixing corrupt pixels around sprite borders first, it can be annoying.
and the black border, was that grid or more display corruption?

for rendering, You could make VBO that renders in sectors so you can go around smoothly and making overviews faster loaded.
Simply edit the textures by redrawing everything on the surface from every tile around it.
so instead of bruteforcing, use collected textures.

Im not gonna support python/lua, ill support Qt scripting maybe, if theres more votes on scripting, but i dont see any use of it, since you will have all the functions to delete/add anything you would like, with hotkeys, toolbar actions

I run Kubuntu, so Qt works for me.

I would recommend you to look at Remeres, then do almost the same, after that,
you'll check and ask what peoples would like to see next. :)

We don't know if Remere ever will be back as a new MapEditor haven't been released so far,
so I don't think it matters if you make it kinda the same.

Keep it up! ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I would recommend you to look at Remeres, then do almost the same, after that,
you'll check and ask what peoples would like to see next. :)

We don't know if Remere ever will be back as a new MapEditor haven't been released so far,
so I don't think it matters if you make it kinda the same.

Keep it up! ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.
remeres already said that the new map editor is in progress lol...

This looks promising. We just need a map editor!

You should make sure it easily functions with maps from 7.1 -> 9.0

Red

This looks promising. We just need a map editor!

You should make sure it easily functions with maps from 7.1 -> 9.0

Red
yes! id love to mess around with my old 7.5 maps on a fancy new map editor

remeres already said that the new map editor is in progress lol...

Really? I didn't see that before I posted, not even on his site, so go and lol somewhere else :)
But Thank You for the link, I do now got hope again.

/Eldin

Really? I didn't see that before I posted, not even on his site, so go and lol somewhere else :)
But Thank You for the link, I do now got hope again.

/Eldin

Yea! Main problem atm. is I don't have a Windows computer to compile on, only got OSX / Linux versions done. :p

Drop dead.
Remere has put alot of effort to his mapeditor aswell as pleasing loads of bugfix reports.
Why thank you. Appreciation is never wrong.

This is not a RME's map discussion thread, keep it on topic guys. In a few hours maybe days, there will come new screenshots.

Back
Top Bottom