• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New mapper :)

Noxsia

Reaction score
Hello,
I've really never mapped before, Just modified abit, but I decided to do a training spot to my server, and I want you guys to tell me what I can do better. Also tell me whats bad on the map and good would be awesome too :)

Here is the map part:
2rorkg9.jpg

What can I do to make it better ? Is it good ? Any suggestions what to do ? Please help me :)

Kind regards
NoX

As a training area goes it ok, its rather plain if you want more constructive criticism then try mapping something with abit more detail. like a hunting ground, camp, tomb or something along those lines..
it doesnt realy matter what a training ground looks like.
Not unless your going for a theme throughout the whole server...
But its ok for a first time mapper...
good luck with any new ideas.

Thank you, I will try to do a spawn or something, I will actually start now. You're actually currect, there is no speciall look for a training ground, but its always a start :)

Thank you guys :) Yes I will train alot, though I never attended to be a famous mapper, I do it for fun :p Anyway, You'll see a tomb soon :)

1zbynx5.jpg

Something I made kinda quick, what do you guys think about the sand in the mountains ?

This im happy with, seems realistic and the sand it not too squary ;) Or what you guys say ?

1zpjhv4.jpg

Well, I could put 10 hours on the map and I would still have some faults, Did you see any specific wrong ? Any critism from the map ? Please tell me :)

Its a good start..
Stop giving the guy grief hes just started mapping.
the problem with the sand is its bunched together to much,
try putting just like 1 or 2 squares in certain places and blend it in with the floor, so more like spilt sand rather than sand thats meant to be there.
also try putting some dead skeletons around the place or some vampire corpse's to give it a theme.
just a suggestion - use the coffin that has stairs inside and allow there to be another room undernieth.
but its a good try keep going m8 ull get the hang of it

Its a good start..
Stop giving the guy grief hes just started mapping.
the problem with the sand is its bunched together to much,
try putting just like 1 or 2 squares in certain places and blend it in with the floor, so more like spilt sand rather than sand thats meant to be there.
also try putting some dead skeletons around the place or some vampire corpse's to give it a theme.
just a suggestion - use the coffin that has stairs inside and allow there to be another room undernieth.
but its a good try keep going m8 ull get the hang of it

Thank you, Thanks for all the tips and such, Right now im mapping full time just to get better. I hope you'll see some maps in here soon :)

Back
Top Bottom