• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team New OT Start-up project. Looking for team.

Seanr

Reaction score
Hey OTlanderians! Or OTlanders? Or quite possibly, OTLandians. Anyway, I, like many people starting an OT, am looking for a team. I will list some primary concerns of mine below in this post. I am drifting from real tibia due to the overwhelming amount of bot farming, dominando, and other ridiculous crap started in almost every PvP world (other worlds do not interest me).

1. Mapping
2. Scripting
3. Hosting
4. Server reliability
5. Additional Information

1. I am looking for an experienced mapper or a mapper who knows what he is doing and is willing to listen to my ideas for new areas. I am going to be using an 8.6 Global Map for my OT, and I know there are TONS of real map OTs out there, but I still believe there is a lot of excitement to be had on one and I want to further expand on it. Future client upgrades are being considered and custom secondary servers may be a future concern of mine as well. Revamping the real map and adding extra content to the already massive map is the goal here. Revamped popular hunting spots, revamped cities, and additional hunting/questing areas that will be loved by EXP grinders and RPGers alike.

2. Scripting.. I am not the most experienced scripting, but I understand how to change the basics in the game and know how to input other scripts, but I really want to add an experienced scripter to my team. Someone who is interested in adding advanced and practical game play on the server. The scripter, mapper, and I will work hard together to add new and exciting script based action in current, and new areas added to the map. It's my goal to make the most enjoyable and innovative Real Map OT out there without losing touch of what it already has to offer.

3. Hosting will be taken care of by me for now on a friend's desktop. I can give specs, but I know it can run a full map and a lot of events as I have toyed around with it before and had an independent server running with early website capabilities. Once donations for premium items start rolling in, I will look towards dedicated server hosting.

4. Server reliability to me means a few things. Helpful in-game or out of game staff (forums), enjoyable game play, player contributions, updates that give players new game play, and fun! I want this server to remain online as long as possible so these things are important. I am looking for a couple GMs to help out the community in-game.

5. Staff will receive premium items in-game, custom houses, general input about server's well being, possible donation shares (besides GMs, Tutors, Senior tutors) and more! Mappers who are interested are more than welcome to post screenshots of their work and scripters are more than welcome to post screenshots or video clips of a working script or script in progress. I can be contacted via PM, and Skype. (Skype info given via PM) There a lot of projects out there. Please leave applications in response to this post. What do you think about mine? Gimme a chance, and PM!

Last edited:
I'm curious, yesterday you couldn't even start the client itself that runs the OT, and now you are starting a full scale project with positions and stuff?
Maybe you should invest some more time in the learningprocess?

Nonetheless, good luck!

I'm curious, yesterday you couldn't even start the client itself that runs the OT, and now you are starting a full scale project with positions and stuff?
Maybe you should invest some more time in the learningprocess?

Nonetheless, good luck!

I've had servers up before, it's just been about a year. This is a new server to me and I am just having a few problems. Once it's up i'll go by fast.

Why not start your own map? Why does it have to be RL map (even if revamped)?
If you're gonna start something new, at least do it right. For a person with your level of experience, that would probably be the best, because the scene is full of RL maps and you wouldn't stand a chance against Lunarforce or Ferana for example. Good luck with your plans nevertheless, good to see more people interested in developing ots :]

Id like to apply for CM if your interested. I have over 6 years experience and for the past 2 years ive been playing as CM or God. Playing tibia just isnt as fun anymore but i still love to help the community and such a position would allow me to while also being able to help maintain the GM's and keep them from doing things that you see on a lot of servers such as tp'ing their team to quest rewards and tp'ing their enemies to their death and thing like that. I am 24 and fluent in English. I am community friendly and unbiased. If your interested in having me on your team please feel free to pm me.
Respectfully,
Raging~

Back