• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

News ticker (Znote aac)

Kurre Kurrson

Reaction score
Hello, ive been spending some time trying to implent the news ticker/article box from this link : http://otland.net/threads/znote-aac-tibiacom-by-luispro.205731/

to my own website (I already had a tibia.com layout without the newsticker etc.

I guess its pretty simple but somehow I can't manage to get it working. If you feel like you have some time over feel free to send me a private message and show me via teamviewer please.

Thanks in advance

Check the news.css file for this and add it to your css file.
Code:
/* News Ticker */

.Content #NewsTicker .BoxContent {
  padding: 5px;
  min-height: 90px;
  height: auto !important;
  height: 100px;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .BoxContent .Row {
  position: relative;
  width: 100%;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .NewsTickerIcon {
  position: absolute;
  top: 1px;
  left: 1px;
  height: 16px;
  width: 16px;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .NewsTickerText {
  font-size: 9pt;
  margin-left: 20px;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .NewsTickerDate {
  font-size: 7pt;
  position: absolute;
  top: 0px;
  float: left;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .NewsTickerShortText {
  margin-left: 85px;
  height: 14px;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .NewsTickerFullText {
  margin-left: 85px;
  margin-right: 20px;
  display: none;
}

.Content #NewsTicker .NewsTickerExtend {
  right: 0px;
  top: 1px;
  right: 1px;
  height: 12px;
  width: 12px;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  float: right;
  cursor: pointer;
  z-index: 10;
}
Add ticker.php to your layout and probably some images. That should do it.

I'm sorry I'm low on time, can't do it through teamviewer.
Kind Regards,

This is how far I can get with the instructions I got. : https://imgur.com/FOdG27X

The main reason why I need this fixed is beacuse I am trying to finish the tibia.com layout for znote so I later on could share it here on the forums for everyone to use. I would love some help as I guess this is not to hard to fix.

oh that looks awesome.. Still I am doing this just to learn and have something to "work" with. Ive changed some of the images etc aswell to make it look even more like the real website. Would you mind helping me with the news ticker ? @Cornex

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nvm, I just saw the pictures you posted at a later point in the thread. Ill wait for ur realease and just add the things ive fixed :) Awesome job, keep it up!

EDIT: Nvm, I just saw the pictures you posted at a later point in the thread. Ill wait for ur realease and just add the things ive fixed :) Awesome job, keep it up!

Ye that is probably better to focus on one layout, I will upload it to GitHub so you will be able to push edits easy.

Back