• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Nindo OT] Naruto themed server development thread.

kubiczi123

RoFT- First and last memb
Reaction score
NINDO-OT development&discussion thread
logo.png
Quick info (tldr):
Nindo is a custom "Naruto" themed OTS, focused on gathering powerful items (own rarity system), and more powerful scaling.
The priority with this server is to make the gameplay fun, and listen to the needs of the community.

Nature system:
A system to replace vocations. Basically you pick a chakra nature (Initially one, on mainland you pick a second one), and it grants you spells.
Available right now:
  • Fire (Katon) - Waves and attack over time.
  • Water (Suiton) - Heals and area of effect.
  • Earth (Doton) - Tanking abilities and crowd control
  • Wind (Fuuton) - Distance and speed
  • Electric (Raiton) - Burst single target damage
The descriptions above outline only the core strenghts of each nature.
Each nature has abilities that help you farm, so each one should be viable.

Item rarity:
I don't think this needs much explaining, hovewer:
Items you drop can be "unidentified".
Using an identifying scroll on them allows you to "roll" the item, and learn its true abilites.
There are multiple rarity tiers from "Common" to "World Ending".
Each rarity tier has varying amount of item attributes it can hold.
For example: a "Common" item will have only one attribute, while a "Rare" item will hold three.
Rarity also boosts the main values of items (if applicable)
So a "Legendary" Sword will have more attack than a normal one.
Honestly the "World Ending" tier is truly world ending because i made it very OP and i intend it to be (hehe)
Of course getting it is another thing. But knowing the luck of some players the chance will need to be nerfed to oblivion, but let's have fun :p

New tooltips:
I got kinda bored with the "current" tooltips that everyone uses, so i made my own.

item_show.png

Unique item attributes:
Combo chance:
X percent chance (rarity value) to start a combo. Basically a multi attack. Reserved for Taijutsu weapons.
Multi Shot / Attack bouncing: X percent chance (rarity value) to bounce an attack between 3 enemies close to each other. Reserved for Distance weapons.
Flat retaliation: a flat 10% chance to retaliate with X (rarity value) damage to the enemy. Early game stat. Reserved for the Ninja Tool (Shield equivalent)
Reflect: Retaliate X percent of damage received (rarity value) to the attacker. Reserved for the Ninja Tool (Shield equivalent)
I will be adding more when i come up with them. But i'm still very much working on all the base features.
(Visualisation)
ERisPfb.gif

Crafting:
I've also made a custom crafting module.
It has a boosted rarity chance, and adds a cute message about the author to the item description.
That's mostly all about it so far, so maybe it's worth to ask you guys:
Do you think going all in, with crafting levels is worth it? Or should i just treat it as a little addition without much focus?

craft_snippet.png

Map:
Full custom map. Naruto World. Part after part released with new updates.
For now the focus lies on "Benisu Island" featured in one of Naruto Shippuden filler episodes. It will act as a Rookgard for the server.
It's about twice as big underground :F
benisu_map.png

Sprites:
Half tibia, half custom. No fantasy monsters in the naruto world so we have to improvise a bit.
Or does it matter if there are tibia monsters in there? What do you guys think?

Sprites.png

Other information:
Exp rate
is close to RL tibia (the modern one but not getting 300 levels in a week, i mean the initial stage of the game)
I will be conducting some closed tests later. If you're interested hit me up on discord.

Server discord:
(https://discord.gg/g3WmwQHHNY)
It is a bit inactive at the moment because lack of people, but i'm there and i'm available to talk and discuss if you ever want to <3

Any opinions on my scribble?

Last edited:
Concept is great, keep going, fingers crossed for this project!
Finally, something new in anime OTS.

Benisu:
  • Diversified spawns a bit.
  • Added new spawns.
  • Configured crafting, set crafting ingredients loot to monsters.
  • Reworked monster loot.- Setup damage algorithms for spells.
  • Nerfed Spear damage (now a throwing kunai), added a faster attacking senbon with less damage.
  • New rarity attributes (This will probably be there until i run out of ideas :p)
  • 1 new mysteriando...

The land of fire:
- Progress: started.

snip.png

More info:
I'm building Konoha. Other than that research is being done on how to put everything in its place. Graphics are being commisioned, though process has started. Lemme cook.

Projected time to finish the city (roughly): a week.

Near future:

• Creating the Land of Fire.
  • Zetsu clones spawning from dead monsters that will drop upgrade materials

Plan:
The land of fire is gonna be the current focus, and it's gonna be developed for the majority of time.
After that other countries will probably be level-gated, and depending on the course i take will either be released as updates, or purely mission based, as places to visit once during some dungeon style missions or something.

snip2.png

Tests
Would anybody here be interested in tests conducted next weekend? We will tryout some things and test the concept on rookgaard. For fun. PVP on, probably with x1 rates for now and we will come up if they're right or should be boosted, et cetera.

Back