• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

why not add in your %stats in there? i mean if your telling their stats it should be most of them right?

"I have recently added a few more attributes to items that can be found. Some of these attributes are % magic power, % melee power, and % Ranged Power which depending on your vocation can boost your spells and weapon damage." those and from the screenshot you had magic penetration also in percent form.

"I have recently added a few more attributes to items that can be found. Some of these attributes are % magic power, % melee power, and % Ranged Power which depending on your vocation can boost your spells and weapon damage." those and from the screenshot you had magic penetration also in percent form.
Ahh yea, magic penetration = magic power :p but alright yea i'll add them aswell.

Penetration Added:
02f8e3c0463bc9e6270435016b9cbd44.png

Anyone else with any ideas for improvement?

Okay, a few things I'd like to clear up based on these comments so everyone can understand the direction this server is going in.
First off: There will be no experience bonus for Pvp players as there's absolutely no point and it completely discourages players from choosing non pvp. I'm making an Option for non-pvp for players who would actually enjoy easing into the server and not be completely set behind every other player.

Second: In order to actually change from non-pvp to pvp you have to complete a quest that will take months for any players to even complete, so if you think players are going to be getting multiple pvp scrolls to change back and fourth, it's not going to happen. The quest is going to require a team as well which will make it even harder. Pvp scrolls will be valuable, and players aren't going to want to just hand over there's it'll add value in the aspect of trade as well.

Third: Sure, non-pvp characters can't be killed so everyone things is free botting for days on end when it comes to leveling. That's not the case, as I've previously stated, Non-Pvp botting will result in much harsher punishment and sort of like 3 strikes and you're out, well 3 strikes and you're deleted for good.

Fourth: Considering I like pvp with hotkeys and would never play tibia without hotkeys there's no way in hell i'd ever make my server without hotkeys as I have also previously stated, I'm not just making this for you guys, I'm making this so i have a server I can enjoy and I don't have to worry about going down.

Now with all that being said if anyone else has any constructive ideas towards the server or questions, feel free to post them or PM me as a few of you guys have gave me some really great ideas to improve the server.
wut the first point is nonsense. by choosing nopvp you just loose a huge chunk of risk. once you find a spot to save level the only danger is pvp. anyways guess u have a point. taking the risk of pvp should still be rewarded in any way. guess you know what ur doing.
add a hardcore mod like it was in xdc too?

Penetration Added:
02f8e3c0463bc9e6270435016b9cbd44.png

Anyone else with any ideas for improvement?
Can i see the forumlas for the penetration / gem system? how do i get 7 magic pen done. do i combine lvl 1 gems or is it a random chance. or lvl 1 +1=2, lvl 2+2 = 3 etc? that would be like 50.000 gems at level 12 or smth lol

i like the variety. add manaregen /healthregen bonuses tho?

wut the first point is nonsense. by choosing nopvp you just loose a huge chunk of risk. once you find a spot to save level the only danger is pvp. anyways guess u have a point. taking the risk of pvp should still be rewarded in any way. guess you know what ur doing.
add a hardcore mod like it was in xdc too?
The bonus' from choosing pvp will be things like the gold drop from killing players, or gaining a bit of exp from killing players, adding something as large scale as an overall exp boost completely discourages players who would like to go non-pvp for all the right reasons. Also on the topic of hardcore mod, Hardcore is something i did put quite a bit of thought into and it won't be done for the release but i will be making a custom hardcore gameplay style. Hardcore Players will however receive certain bonus' but at the same time they will not be able to switch from pvp or non-pvp and all items they find will only be for hardcore players use.

Can i see the forumlas for the penetration / gem system? how do i get 7 magic pen done. do i combine lvl 1 gems or is it a random chance. or lvl 1 +1=2, lvl 2+2 = 3 etc? that would be like 50.000 gems at level 12 or smth lol

Also there are no gems, magic penetration etc. are all attributes that can be rolled as an item stat when found.

The bonus' from choosing pvp will be things like the gold drop from killing players, or gaining a bit of exp from killing players, adding something as large scale as an overall exp boost completely discourages players who would like to go non-pvp for all the right reasons. Also on the topic of hardcore mod, Hardcore is something i did put quite a bit of thought into and it won't be done for the release but i will be making a custom hardcore gameplay style. Hardcore Players will however receive certain bonus' but at the same time they will not be able to switch from pvp or non-pvp and all items they find will only be for hardcore players use.
Holy shit i love ur hardcore idea o_O reminds me of season chars in diablo, keep it going

@owned on this topic, will there be items that increase manaregen/health regen as well? I didnt see this posted anywhere. Also, if there is, could you implement this in to the "Player Info?" have something like this...

Health - 245(3)
Mana - 65(3)

the (3) representing how much you regen every second...

You guys just have to realize that everything can't be in the character info list since it would just be to long...

You guys just have to realize that everything can't be in the character info list since it would just be to long...

This is understood, but the important things should definitely be added... Especially if the point of the Character Info list is to display the important information of your character. I feel like if it's not going to be displayed under the default "skills" tab then it should definitely be in the Character Info.

@owned on this topic, will there be items that increase manaregen/health regen as well? I didnt see this posted anywhere. Also, if there is, could you implement this in to the "Player Info?" have something like this...

Health - 245(3)
Mana - 65(3)

the (3) representing how much you regen every second...
There's regeneration on Helmet, Armor, Legs, and Boots, Random based on the item, there's a picture I posted in the thread somewhere. My question to you guys is when you think about it do you really want a players regeneration in the info? Having it in the player info could be the difference in getting pkd or not getting pkd. I feel some anonymity within each players character should be kept, but i guess that's something we could start discussing.

There's regeneration on Helmet, Armor, Legs, and Boots, Random based on the item, there's a picture I posted in the thread somewhere. My question to you guys is when you think about it do you really want a players regeneration in the info? Having it in the player info could be the difference in getting pkd or not getting pkd. I feel some anonymity within each players character should be kept, but i guess that's something we could start discussing.

I completely understand what you mean about that, but that's most likely the same as everyother stat such as their attack and defenses along with hp etc... I honestly don't think it matters to know the regen if you know everything else, and if your around the same level i think you could make a good guess on what it should be around even if they had good rolls on regen

I completely understand what you mean about that, but that's most likely the same as everyother stat such as their attack and defenses along with hp etc... I honestly don't think it matters to know the regen if you know everything else, and if your around the same level i think you could make a good guess on what it should be around even if they had good rolls on regen
Mmm that's a good point.

*Bosses*
Alright Guys so there's going to be plenty of bosses all around the map. Bosses are not going to be something player will be killing by themselves, unless they're a much higher level than the bosses targeted level group. They're going to require teams to kill but the good news about bosses is each one will provide bonus' to your character. Example:

630fa31b3bf2c4040a7a5d8fee2a2166.png

2f784402aad3a6193214269283f41c0f.png

01eca3c6f0ab7d86caaa8c74584e7742.png

Back