• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Online Mapping !!! Brand new idé

Tofflarn

Reaction score
Hello all dear otlands member.. Im going to introduce you all about a new idé i got some days ago..

Ok, here we go.. Some days ago a lied in my bed i thinked.. "What can make those team project easier?"
Probaly all teams with more then one mapper should have notice this problem.."Aff, now a need to send the map to my friend again so he can map the little temple we where talking about.(exampel).
Wouldn't it be much easier to map togheter at the same time?
So that's why my idé came up.. Why don't build a "Editor server"
And a Map editor with a connection system? I have made a picture to explain this better.. :p

awesomeidevx5.jpg

Hope you understand and like my idé.
I hope Remere or SimOne see this thread and probaly make something like this..
It would improve the team project alot!!!

The idea is great but even.
Mappers never map in the same area so It isn't real a big deal and MSN sharing folder is there :p
Add that big teams never give there maps to a mapper each mapper map alone then it is imported.
P.S It can't be made by map editors just use a dedicated server and remote control it (both mappers.)

Last edited:
The idea is great but even.
Mappers never map in the same area so It isn't real a big deal and MSN sharing folder is there :p
Add that big teams never give there maps to a mapper each mapper map alone then it is imported.
P.S It can't be made by map editors just use a dedicated server and remote control it (both mappers.)

i dont agree, this is not to share map, but for example i have 3 mappers in my team, so if we map all at the same time for example in a cave, one floor, other stones, other decorate walls, etc that would be imba, how do you think cip maps? it is online(lan) with all mappers

i dont agree, this is not to share map, but for example i have 3 mappers in my team, so if we map all at the same time for example in a cave, one floor, other stones, other decorate walls, etc that would be imba, how do you think cip maps? it is online(lan) with all mappers

thank god, you understand what i really mean..

I support it. No one took it seriously either when i requested it years back :p

I love the idea due to the fact that both me and my fellow team members could wiev and map at the same time aswell as discuss areas and create areas our Lua scripter need for certain scripts. He could for example watch me map and tell me what he want while im making it.

I love the idea, simply as that.

//Massen

This would be an awesome idea, and that way you don't have to resend the file every time someone does something, or not having to worry about both of you doing something to different areas, and not being able to import it. If this is possible, and I think it is, it would be amazing to use.

A team on ****** came up with that idea months ago for a huge mapping project they thought why waste the money for a ftp to be quick enough to just upload and what not.

You can map on another computer by using some programs like Teamviewer, you can be at the hosters computer and do all the scripts and so on directly instead of sending. I have seen alot of other server owners use it =)

Well read my thread again please, Barker. You don't understand what i mean... Teamviewer? You can only watch when one person is mapping.. lol that's not "online mapping"
You understand what i mean?

So there should be like one "Mapeditor Server" and the Mappers connect to that Server with their "Mapeditor Client" and can see changes made by other Clients in Realtime but be also able to edit the Map?

The Idea sounds interesting, though I don't think many Servers will need or use it.

Last edited:
I wish you luck as I believe this is great idea with an unfinished and costly problem. I can only hope I'll be informed of it's release if such a project takes place.

So there should be like one "Mapeditor Server" and the Mappers connect to that Server with their "Mapeditor Client" and can see changes made by other Clients in Realtime but be also able to edit the Map?

The Idea sounds interesting, though I don't think many Servers will need or use it.

exactly. -short-

Comments Like

"ZOMG THAT IDEA IS SO OLD"

and

"IMPOSSIBLE MENS"

and

"WHY DONT YOU CONFIGURE THE VNC AND TDF TO THE COMPUTER AND JISM ON THE FTTP AND THEN YOU CAN BOTH EDIT IT"

DONT HELP

Hmm why dont you just get a FTP server? :O Or just VNC mapping ?? :O
Most people dont know WTF that means. Jismcake makes more sense then what you just said.

The idea is great. And would make Team Projects so much better, and the maps would be of a better Quality.

Originally Posted by OptiX View Post
Thats exactly how the MultiMapeditor or w/e you would call it would be made. The person with the Map would host it (Just like how you Host an OT) Then your friends or w/e Can connect and Help you edit the Map.

Passwords would be essential. I can see people getting your ip and Conecting to your map and trashing it.

Last edited:
Back