• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Opinion of homepage?

Hoster
Reaction score
Hello fellow OtLanders, I would like to know what you think about my homepage. (First homepage I'm quite satisfied with). If you could post any thoughts of things I should change, add or remove I would be glad. I know that the intro-movie could be annoying, but it uses cookies, currently set to 1 month, so the next time you will see it is in one month, the same goes for the splash page. If the intro-movie lags a lot I would like to know that, and see what I can do to prevent any lag from the host (me, so far). Site might not be online 100% at this stage, since there are much work to do on the server itself.
horizontalline.png

Link: http://goblinsfoe.no-ip.org/
horizontalline.png

Thanks in advice,
Kind Regards,

First of all, this is the wrong section. Should be moved to discussions probably.

The page didn't have too much lag, but I didn't care for the empty background with yellow text at the end. It just seemed so plain after the video.

I posted in the discussion thread at first (without reading the rules until the post was done). I interpreted this as some kind of "asking for help" or you could possibly interpret as advertisement, possibly i'm wrong?

Okay, thanks for your answer, I'll try to add some text in the video instead, which could make it like more "living".

Its too dark, intro is cool but pointless. And why every text on page has that shadow :x

The intro is pretty annoying, even if it's cool the first time you see it. About the website itself, the design is pretty bad and I'm still waiting for a Znote layout to look good :(.

Goob job putting it together though, and the intro is abit laggy for me :p

Okay, thanks for your contribution. I will consider some changes and see what I can achieve :)
@Kuzyn Should I take away all the text shadows, or just some of them? Is everything to dark, or just some parts of the page?
I did also think it was cool with an intro, that's the reason why I made it with cookies, so it won't load that often.
I will create a layout that you will like @Snooby ;) What do you think I need to change to get a design of your taste?

Some things has been updated to the homepage at the moment. Not s dark anymore, less shadows on the texts, changed colours on some headers, less opacity on some layers & more on other layers. And some small other colour fixes and such. Let me know what you think now. :)

Last edited:
Sidenote: Homepage will be down for a couple of from Tuesday (GMT+1).
Thanks for your contributions.
Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Back