• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Graphics Discussion (Anyone out there more knowledgeable than me?)

It's okay, I just didn't like that you guys jumped at our project as if we're obliged to do something, or even worse, called us out for wanting money for it even though nobody ever said such a thing.
I did speak to @tarjei already and he said he will share his work when it's ready, as he implied earlier. Just to be clear. And this is for the same reasons that you listed in your posts above.
I can't say it will be the best possible optimization ever, but from what I've witnessed so far, it's going in a nice direction.

I don't know the technical details behind the changes as I am not proficient in that area of programming, so either wait for him to post about it, someone else to post their work, or do something about it personally, there is no fourth option unfortunately.

Look up Medivia Online if you're interested in an optimized client.

I will check out Medivia and see how their client performs. I would be legitimately surprised if they fully fixed the OTClient's issues.

There is problem with swithing floors in otclient. Oryginally otclient stops movement in every floor you have got changed. In mediva client it's fixed.
Secondly serious issue with movement is missing feature with keyboard system just take a look on medivia's client:
nowy-obraz-mapy-bitowej.jpg

This will reduce the delay before finishing previous step. In the result we have smooth walking like in cipsoft client.
I think Medivia just improved movement system but not the graphical problems. Otclient works just fine on dx9 without major problems.

There is problem with swithing floors in otclient. Oryginally otclient stops movement in every floor you have got changed. In mediva client it's fixed.
Secondly serious issue with movement is missing feature with keyboard system just take a look on medivia's client:
nowy-obraz-mapy-bitowej.jpg

This will reduce the delay before finishing previous step. In the result we have smooth walking like in cipsoft client.
I think Medivia just improved movement system but not the graphical problems. Otclient works just fine on dx9 without major problems.

I have a few ideas on how to make walking smoother.
But it also requires an EDIT to TFS.

Once I get it completed, I am going to have people with terrible Ping test it.
It should make it so even with very high ping, you walk fairly smooth.

Me too, any progress @Fenrisus
Just got some things in real life.

People are able to get 60 fps in much more graphical demanding games, but only get under 30 on the OTC. This proves that the problem lays in the OTC, and not from the machines running it.

How about this? =) Did you see any laggs at 25 FPS? OpenGL 1.0 ;) It's all about render implementation.
(MuOnline game is forced to draw only at 25FPS, and they dont have a spritebatch, cuz they are using OpenGL 1.0 Fixed function pipeline. But how they done that? Who knows :D

p.s. to @tarjei
Let's go collaborate, we can finish them faster. Ill share my spritebatch (yeah them done) to you, and some more other stuff related. More peoples intended - faster progress. Currently i am out of free time until maybe middle of Feb due to real-life job. Well, for example, i guess you can easy continue what im done before, and push it. Just go make it faster. ;) A bit laterz, i will send you details via PM.

Last edited:
Just got some things in real life.

How about this? =) Did you see any laggs at 25 FPS? OpenGL 1.0 ;) It's all about render implementation.
(MuOnline game is forced to draw only at 25FPS, and they dont have a spritebatch, cuz they are using OpenGL 1.0 Fixed function pipeline. But how they done that? Who knows :D

p.s. to @tarjei
Let's go collaborate, we can finish them faster. Ill share my spritebatch (yeah them done) to you, and some more other stuff related. More peoples intended - faster progress. Currently i am out of free time until maybe middle of Feb due to real-life job. Well, for example, i guess you can easy continue what im done before, and push it. Just go make it faster. ;) A bit laterz, i will send you details via PM.

What are your computer Specs? Just curious.

What are your computer Specs? Just curious.
I'ma test them on some old laptop :D dedicated for small developments like Tibia, Mu or some Rogue-likes (ASCII! yeah, i like it, i am doing sometimes short-story singleplayer roguelikes (ASCII but with a bit modified graphics)) for self and my friends.
Just an example of roguelikes
vwhmTfg.gif

bqmdpEL.gif

That is Asus with Intel CPU (2 core) and 16Gb DDR3 1.3k mhz ram, nVidia GeForce 710M. And under Windows 10.
Compiled with Visual Studio 2013, under debug mode. Game launched via Visual Studio on debug mode. (That is also consumes CPU and make your app slower than normal).

I'ma test them on some old laptop :D dedicated for small developments like Tibia, Mu or some Rogue-likes (ASCII! yeah, i like it, i am doing sometimes short-story singleplayer roguelikes (ASCII but with a bit modified graphics)) for self and my friends.
Just an example of roguelikes
vwhmTfg.gif

bqmdpEL.gif

That is Asus with Intel CPU (2 core) and 16Gb DDR3 1.3k mhz ram, nVidia GeForce 710M. And under Windows 10.
Compiled with Visual Studio 2013, under debug mode. Game launched via Visual Studio on debug mode. (That is also consumes CPU and make your app slower than normal).
The reason I ask, is I can get like 300 fps even with the current client doing the same test as you are above.

Does anyone here have a Potato Computer?
It would be cool to have a bunch of OTLand members, with Potato Computers (even if it isn't your main computer) so we can just have everyone download and test a client to see how it works.
Also having a benchmark server would be a good idea.

The reason I ask, is I can get like 300 fps even with the current client doing the same test as you are above.

It would be cool to have a bunch of OTLand members, with Potato Computers (even if it isn't your main computer) so we can just have everyone download and test a client to see how it works.
I can test it with a very old AMD CPU with onboard 64mb graphics, but only DX9 work and my max FPS is only 20.

I can test it with a very old AMD CPU with onboard 64mb graphics, but only DX9 work and my max FPS is only 20.

Could be interesting to see if we could make OTClient playable on like, 5 slow PCs we build/find.

I think I have a an old AMD Tri-Core processor, and could just throw it in with onboard graphics and see how it works.

I think it would be ideal for these tests.

processor: amd sempron 140 overclock... (athlon x2 4400e)
graphics card: evga gefore 8400gs

I can remove the graphics card and work with 1 core

kUrsZBA.png

No one has optimized the OTClient yet.

No one is holding a super-awesome version of the OTClient that runs at 60 FPS on a potato computer.
Even people who have the knowledge to work on it, usually decide to work on other projects, rather than work on the OTClient. (In my experience)

Fixing the OTClient will take a LOT of work, and if anyone ever does do it, I will pay them to release it.
If you do, message me ill chip in a share as well.

I have one potato computer at home, dont know the specs but as soon as I do I'll edit this post so you can tell me if its useful or not

I also have an old computer to test

intel c2d e4300 1.8 x2 core
2gb Ram
graphic integra 64mb or 1gb geforce gt 430 low-profile

^^^ is the minimum to test the client below does not pay to go down because there is no longer about optimizing just about old equipment which does not cope with almost any game mmo

I think that those who do not exaggerate with the old equipment. . . on one core processor, the system itself has a problem and you want the client to test? hahahaha no exaggeration. . there will optimize the client to run on one core and 1GB of RAM. . . on such equipment at most in Super Mario you can play

:)

I would love if OTClient could be little better made in performance :)

Is this project dead? :'(

Back