• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] March sign up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

Max participants

How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who the competition is might inspire participants to make better pieces.

Why should I enter?
To have fun of course, challenge yourself against other mappers here on OtLand. There is also a chance to win a premium subscription on OtLand.

How can I win a premium status?
Win an Official OtLand Mapping Competition, I will keep a record of winners here
When you win an Official OtLand Mapping Competition, I will get in contact with Talaturen and let him know you have
won a competition.
Note: 1 win is worth 1 month of Premium status

Rules
(Can be changed at any time)
There is no story texts
There is no in-game texts
This month, we allow the participants to send 1 picture.
The picture must be new and not already shown elsewhere
No custom sprites
Do not discuss your piece with any other participant/member
The submitted piece must correspond with the set theme
Team mapping is not allowed
If you decide to submit an in-game picture, character names must be turned off. (Ctrl + N), If you sign up and don't send your contest map, then you will be banned from the following months competition!
If you notify the contest holder before the submission date you will be acquitted (not be banned) for the next contest.
http://otland.net/f379/oomc-rules-faq-winners-suspensions-154904/

PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR WORK TO SCARLET AYLEID BY 15 MARCH 2013 VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE

Please use the template below for your Private Message title
Code:
Official OtLand Mapping Competition (v1->3) - Forum Name
V1->3 Indicates that you may only submit up to 3 times.
  • 1 - Original submission
  • 2 - Re-submit
  • 3 - Final submit, no changes allowed after this
This month's theme, "Throne Rooms"!
Throne-room-460x276.jpg
Throne-Knight.jpg

Good luck and have fun

I was just going to upload a throne room when i saw this ;)
Sign me in

Cmon why i no see macedoon, magnetico, blez, peroxide, blackstone, 1958(w,e his name is), limos, sentielo, demon eldorath, luffy, illusion etc sign up... Ever?!

Cmon why i no see macedoon, magnetico, blez, peroxide, blackstone, 1958(w,e his name is), limos, sentielo, demon eldorath, luffy, illusion etc sign up... Ever?!

1. Because 80% of them doesn't care about the competition.
2. Some of the ones you mentioned has never signed up at any competition before.
3. Some of them doesn't map as much now as they did before.
4. There is no reason to sign up.
5. Maybe they have better things to do?

Quick question - "forum name" in the private message title template means my username or something else?

1. Because 80% of them doesn't care about the competition.
Yh but idc about that. I know magnetico has a damn blackout but this should at least give him inspiration.

And for mace - This is his theme. He suggested it. Now he should participate.

znooc said:
2. Some of the ones you mentioned has never signed up at any competition before.
There is always a first.
Znooc said:
3. Some of them doesn't map as much now as they did before.
Nevertheless, it gives them something to map

Znooc said:
4. There is no reason to sign up.
Premium. I know magnetico wants 9.8 spr. If he wins = he gets it.
znooc said:
5. Maybe they have better things to do?
Nope. Most of them don't. :>

At the very least - known mappers should join. Otherwise the prize can go to half assed mappers (no offence).

Demon eldorath has been inactive for a while but has returned momentarily - offering aid to other potential mappers. He probably has a little time to make something up but he is pretty busy. - excuse

Mace can get his finger out and pull through with his own suggestion. - no excuse

Magnetico can pull his shit together and stop using "mapping blackout" as a valid excuse because he has this inspiration xD - no excuse

Peroxide has finished his uni course and therefore has plenty of time - relative to him submitting in the past whilst studying i'm pretty sure he can't be even more occupied xd. Also afaik he has taken a break from regicide. - No excuse

Luffy - agree, don't see much of him anymore - valid excuse.

Blez - has time for small competitions, least he could do is still submit something now and then.. Understand he is working on ameathial(?). - valid excuse

Blackstone - is still active and submitting occassionally - no excuse.

1951854745838832(?) Hasn't been too active so - valid excuse.

Limos - active, not much in mapping tho - generally support.. - has an excuse but still could join now and again.

Illusion - not much of an excuse - hasn't been actively mapping recently - released a huge amount for public - could use these competitions to get back into mapping a bit more. - No excuse

Sentielo - active - no excuse.

Whether or not they spend hours on it, or not, they should participate. It would take what? max 4 hours and over a period of 2 weeks, is achievable to even the most busiest of people.
It is their choice, of course, but they should still join in now and again. The mapping boards seem to be trailing from their previous activity, these competitions are there to improve it, for fun and for a general event from the otland staff.

:> so haz fun.

Peroxide asked me to make the thread this month, so most likely he'll participate, cant say about others

He is a g moderator. If he happens to win then the prize should be for the 2nd place?

there are no rules for no mods. The voting isn't biased, therefore it shouldn't matter. In your eyes the reward would be "wasted" but he still wins it if his peice is voted.

Also: It isn't like they have so many ( a certian amountof) premium memberships to give out that they are desperate. They give them to the winner. the winner could be talaturen and still the public vote accordingly. Therefore - he is still entitled to his prize whether or not he uses it.

Last edited:
We don't participate in the contests we hold ourselves because it would give us an unfair advantage, since we'd be able to see all current pieces, we could change our own submission to be better, hence why I sometimes host it instead, so Peroxide can participate :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back