• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand OtLand's update to vBulletin 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After months of planning and working, we have finally launched the update! There are still a lot of things to be fixed but I'll leave that for later.

So what is so special about this update?
The most important changes are the server move and the update to the new major version of vBulletin, 4. OtLand has been moved to a server colocated in Chicago, with a lot more powerful hardware than what our previous server had. We thank everyone that has donated to OtLand for making this possible.

The update to vBulletin 4 makes the forum more modern, using new technology for most of the stuff on the forum... but it has also brought us a new design. It might take a while to get used to it, and we expect to get complaints on it but we hope that you will describe how it can be improved. I would like to say thanks to Deavz, Chrsman and Hani for assistance with the styling, but most of the design credits should go to Holix.

We have also integrated a server list view which lists 10 random servers, and a subversion for projects supported by OtLand. Most of the plugins have been rewritten by me to fit OtLand as good as possible. The syntax highlighting plugin which only used to be available for Lua tags has been extended with C#, C++, Erlang, Javascript, Python, SQL and XML.

The forum structure has been revised. All the OpenTibia related stuff can be found below the OpenTibia category, such as resources and tutorials. A miscellaneous section has been added for support, and tutorials which aren't related to OpenTibia... and some other changes have been made.

The donators usergroup has been renamed to OtLand Premium which is a more suitable when we are providing benefits that most people who donate expect. This doesn't mean that OtLand becomes more commercial, the money received from premium subscriptions will still be seen as donations!

Everyones reputation points has been reset as we change the factors for reputation points with this update, we hope this doesn't bother you too much.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and if you did not even get that they were reseted after reading the thread, I'd have to say that you don't deserve your reputation points.

I dont like it
it looks like big piece of shit.

I dont like it
it looks like big piece of shit.

Talaturen clearly wrote in his first post that he would be happy if people said how he could improve the layout. Writing that it looks like a big of shit is very rude when they have spent alot of their spare time on this update.

Talaturen clearly wrote in his first post that he would be happy if people said how he could improve the layout. Writing that it looks like a big of shit is very rude when they have spent alot of their spare time on this update.

Started by Talaturen, Yesterday 07:05
that's not needed under the thread name, it takes too much space, instead of that thread names should be bigger
2. there should be some bigger difference between threads with unread posts and threads without new posts
3. some other way to point that thread is sticky
4. lua code was better on the vb3

The time really got messed up.
I dont have GMT +2 in reality but on this forum I need to have it in order to match my own time ^.-

Congratulations Otland Staff, for a wonderful update. Great work, as always, Tala.

\\Empty

the forum needs to be organized better. move the c++ out of the lua section.

Question that wasn't answered yet: Will the application board be opened as planned?

I love the previous Layout since it was so simple. But now it looks more modern i like it. Even though it will take time to get used to it xD

Thanks, tala, Nice to see you back Empty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back